Cal State Fullerton tennis sweeps UC Irvine to improve to 4-1 in Big West conference play

In Sports, Tennis
Karla Portalatin swings at the ball
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

Cal State Fullerton tennis recorded its first sweep since March 9 with a 7-0 victory over UC Irvine on Saturday, improving to 4-1 in Big West conference play.

By protecting the Titan Tennis Courts, the win brought the Titans overall record to 16-4 and their home record to 9-0.

Juniors Sarah Nuno and Karla Portalatin earned the first victory of the day for CSUF, improving their doubles record to 22-5 without any losses in conference.

Nuno and freshmen Jadie Acidera and Genevieve Zeidan all maintained their undefeated singles records in Big West conference play.

After Anteaters sophomore Stephanie Nguyen retired her match, Nuno claimed the first singles victory of the day 4-1.

Zeidan quickly finished off Irvine junior Stephanie Hazell 6-3, 6-2, claiming the second singles victory of the day. The match gave Zeidan her 27th win of the season and her fifth in conference play.

On court six, Acidera defeated sophomore Gillian Parker 6-2, 6-1. In the only contest to reach a third set, Titans junior Luxizi Meng took down Anteaters sophomore Yulin Chen 6-4, 6-7 and 10-5 to close the day.

Fullerton will have a week off before its final two home games of the season. It will face Big West opponents Cal Poly on Saturday, April 14 and UC Santa Barbara on Sunday, April 15.

The Pasillas family, father and sons, pose in front of their workspace for the Rialto Printing Company.

Voices from Home: The Pasillas family represents their city with the Rialto Print Company

Few people are aware of how much thought and time is put into a T-shirt design, but what began

An electric vehicle charging station at CSUF.

CSUF to add more electric vehicle charging spots on campus

As part of a statewide goal, Cal State Fullerton plans on adding more electric vehicle parking stations in an

The crowd looks forward to the Levitt Pavilion anticipating an Anderson .Paak performance.

Anderson .Paak holds charity concert for Brandon Anderson Foundation

“Yes lawd!” yelled hundreds of people in the crowd as Anderson .Paak took the stage on Saturday at MacArthur