Cal State Fullerton tennis sweeps UC Irvine to improve to 4-1 in Big West conference play

In Sports, Tennis
Karla Portalatin swings at the ball
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

Cal State Fullerton tennis recorded its first sweep since March 9 with a 7-0 victory over UC Irvine on Saturday, improving to 4-1 in Big West conference play.

By protecting the Titan Tennis Courts, the win brought the Titans overall record to 16-4 and their home record to 9-0.

Juniors Sarah Nuno and Karla Portalatin earned the first victory of the day for CSUF, improving their doubles record to 22-5 without any losses in conference.

Nuno and freshmen Jadie Acidera and Genevieve Zeidan all maintained their undefeated singles records in Big West conference play.

After Anteaters sophomore Stephanie Nguyen retired her match, Nuno claimed the first singles victory of the day 4-1.

Zeidan quickly finished off Irvine junior Stephanie Hazell 6-3, 6-2, claiming the second singles victory of the day. The match gave Zeidan her 27th win of the season and her fifth in conference play.

On court six, Acidera defeated sophomore Gillian Parker 6-2, 6-1. In the only contest to reach a third set, Titans junior Luxizi Meng took down Anteaters sophomore Yulin Chen 6-4, 6-7 and 10-5 to close the day.

Fullerton will have a week off before its final two home games of the season. It will face Big West opponents Cal Poly on Saturday, April 14 and UC Santa Barbara on Sunday, April 15.

Cal State Fullerton women's basketball senior guard Jade Vega dribbles the ball during Cal State Fullerton's women's basketball game against Cal State Northridge.

CSUF women’s basketball looks to snap six game skid

CSUF women’s basketball will look to end their six-game losing streak Thursday night when they host UC Santa Barbara.

A comprehensive map of CSUF campus with bubbles highlighting the crime locations.

Crime on campus in the month of February

Crime activity on campus in the month of February includes a missing person incident, marijuana possession, public intoxication and

ASI members getting ready to wrap a a meeting in a boardroom setting.

ASI approves legal changes to Titan Student Center bylaws

The Associated Students Inc. Board of Directors have decided to approve several legal changes to the Titan Student Centers’