Cal State Fullerton women’s golf drops to sixth place in round two of the Big West Tournament

In Sports, Women's Golf
Titan Elsa Lundquist finishes swinging a golf club.
(Courtesy of Matt Brown)

Cal State Fullerton women’s golf ended round two of the Big West Tournament in sixth place, finishing 46-over-par 568.

The Titans returned to the 54-holes at  Strawberry Farms Golf Club in Irvine after placing third on Sunday, finishing 15-over-284.

CSUF finished with its second best placing since the beginning of the  2017-2018 season in September. The last time the Titans placed in the top 3 was in round two of the Battle at Old Works tourney in Anaconda, Montana on Sept. 23.  

Although Fullerton moved down three places since then, the Titans still had some individual players on the leaderboard.

Freshman Courtney Sharkey led the way for the Titans in round two. Despite falling four places, Sharkey tied for 18th with 11-over-par 142 after placing 14th with 4-over-par 71 in round one.

Sophomore Elsa Lundquist and junior Brittany Sok tied for 9th on Sunday with the best scores for the Titans. However, they both dropped 12 places in the second round and tied for 21st with 12-over-par 142.

Junior Pauline Welker improved from 7-over-par 71 in round one to tied for 31st with 16-over-par 142 in the second.

Senior Lou Daniella Uy finished the second round in 35th with 19-over-par 142 moving up four places from Sunday.

Long Beach State currently leads the tournament at 21-over-par 568 in the second round.

The Titans will finish up the Big West Tournament on Tuesday, the last tournament before NCAA regionals.

Exterior shot of the CSUF emblem

Cal State Universities work to improve sustainability efforts

Sustainability is becoming more important to all Cal State Universities as each university has agreed to comply with specific

Where CSUF’s water comes from and how it’s maintained

Cal State Fullerton’s water supply comes from the city of Fullerton, which gets its water from the Metropolitan Water

Cal State Fullerton’s commuter culture negatively impacts air quality on campus

Commuter behavior poses a threat to Cal State Fullerton’s ability to meet air quality pollution standards set by the