Cal State Fullerton women’s golf drops to sixth place in round two of the Big West Tournament

In Sports, Women's Golf
Titan Elsa Lundquist finishes swinging a golf club.
(Courtesy of Matt Brown)

Cal State Fullerton women’s golf ended round two of the Big West Tournament in sixth place, finishing 46-over-par 568.

The Titans returned to the 54-holes at  Strawberry Farms Golf Club in Irvine after placing third on Sunday, finishing 15-over-284.

CSUF finished with its second best placing since the beginning of the  2017-2018 season in September. The last time the Titans placed in the top 3 was in round two of the Battle at Old Works tourney in Anaconda, Montana on Sept. 23.  

Although Fullerton moved down three places since then, the Titans still had some individual players on the leaderboard.

Freshman Courtney Sharkey led the way for the Titans in round two. Despite falling four places, Sharkey tied for 18th with 11-over-par 142 after placing 14th with 4-over-par 71 in round one.

Sophomore Elsa Lundquist and junior Brittany Sok tied for 9th on Sunday with the best scores for the Titans. However, they both dropped 12 places in the second round and tied for 21st with 12-over-par 142.

Junior Pauline Welker improved from 7-over-par 71 in round one to tied for 31st with 16-over-par 142 in the second.

Senior Lou Daniella Uy finished the second round in 35th with 19-over-par 142 moving up four places from Sunday.

Long Beach State currently leads the tournament at 21-over-par 568 in the second round.

The Titans will finish up the Big West Tournament on Tuesday, the last tournament before NCAA regionals.

Graph depicting full time equivalent students enrollment at different CSU's

Cal State Fullerton ranks lowest in funding per student in the CSU system

Cal State Fullerton receives the lowest funding per student in the CSU system and has the most enrolled students

Graph showing a decrease in crime statistics

CSUF releases Annual Security Report under Clery Act showing 2017 crime rates

Cal State Fullerton and several other local CSUs have released their 2017 Annual Security Report as mandated by the

Gayle Brunelle addresses her concerns with executive order 1100 at academic senate meeting thursday

General education requirements in CSU system could create faculty layoffs

Chancellor Timothy P. White issued an executive order in August 2017 requiring colleges in the CSU system to change