CSUF baseball resumes Big West conference play against the University of Hawaii

In Baseball, Sports
A Fullerton hitter sliding to home plate.
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball will host the University of Hawaii in a Big West conference series starting Friday at Goodwin Field. The two teams are currently tied for first place in the Big West with the Titans at 4-2 and Hawaii at 6-3.

CSUF is coming off of a road loss to the University of San Diego. A fourth inning collapse in which the Titans allowed six runs on five hits, blew their 4-0 lead. Fullerton, 17-18 overall, has performed better at home this year posting a 10-7 record at Goodwin Field.

The Titans have to be pleased with leaving San Diego after their pitching staff allowed 34 runs over the course of their four game road trip against San Diego State and the University of San Diego.

Fullerton has played 35 games so far, and has managed only eight home runs out of 298 hits this season. CSUF averages a .337 on-base percentage and a .330 slugging percentage.

Titans outfielder Mitchell Berryhill comes into the series swinging a hot bat, holding a seven-game hitting streak dating back to April 7. Over those seven games, Berryhill has collected 12 hits and achieved a .480 batting average.

Hawaii is disciplined at the plate, striking out the least amongst all teams in the Big West conference. Hawaii outfielder Adam Fogel leads the team in strikeouts, and provides the most offense for Hawaii as he leads the team in hits, RBIs.

First pitch of the series is slated for 7:00 p.m. on Friday. The series finale will be at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday.