CSUF baseball continues road trip with game against the University of San Diego

In Baseball, Sports
CSUF baseball player sliding back to first base while their opponent tries catching a fly ball.
(Gabe Gandara / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball will face off against the University of San Diego at Fowler Park and Cunningham Field on Tuesday at 6 p.m.

Fullerton will face USD (17-19) after losing its weekend series against San Diego State University. The Titans were on a hot streak, winning six straight games before falling to the Aztecs.

CSUF’s last opponent was San Diego State University, No. 3 in the Mountain West Conference, and though the Aztecs put an end to the Titans six-game win streak, the series was a nonconference matchup, which didn’t affect conference standings.

SDSU claimed the series 2-1 while CSUF made new records to claim game two of the series. Fullerton evened the series 1-1 after a 13-9 win in game two, recording a new season-high 18 hits and 13 runs in a single game.

“It was more of a team win than anything. Everything was just clicking. I just know that we’re going to keep it going the same way,” Titans center fielder Mitchell Berryhill told CSUF Sports Media.

The Titans have their work cut out for them against the Toreros. As of April 12, USD is leading the West Coast Conference with a team batting average of .291 and a total of 335 hits.

CSUF’s biggest threat will be the Toreros utility player Jay Schuyler who leads the team with five home runs and 22 RBIs.

The Titans will need to utilize outfielder Berryhill’s hitting ability, as he holds a .393 on-base percentage, good for third on the team after his 108 appearances at the plate.

In its last weekend series against the Aztecs, Fullerton gave up a total of 24 runs. The Titans will look to improve as they travel to face the Toreros.

Leo Torrez and Caleb Gibson standing next to each other smiling for 'The Importance of Being Earnest' by CSUF

CSUF Theater Review: ‘The Importance of Being Earnest’ delightfully revisits Oscar Wilde’s classic

CSUF’s “The Importance of Being Earnest” lets audiences indulge in Oscar Wilde’s classic, serving up sunny melodrama and mishaps,

Flags are in the background. A silhouette of a soldier faces a person protesting.

OPINION: Israel’s response to weekly border protests was justified

As Israel approaches its 70 years of independence as a democratic Jewish state, it faces a weekly threat from

CSUF musician and student Apollo Hill poses for a portrait on campus.

CSUF student and musician Apollo Hill hopes to lift up Asian-Americans in the music industry

Hip-hop singer and Cal State Fullerton student Paolo Ombao, better known by his stage name Apollo Hill, said it’s