CSUF baseball looks to break UCI’s six-game winning streak after falling against UCLA

Titans Sahid Valenzuela and Mitchell Berryhill high-fiving.
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball is heading into its series against a hot UC Irvine. The Titans will attempt to snap Irvine’s six-game winning streak this weekend as it travels to Anteater Ballpark.

Fullerton (6-3) can use this series to take the lead over Irvine (8-4) in the Big West conference.

The Anteaters have never won a three-game series against the Titans at home. Last year, CSUF won two of the three games against Irvine, with the Titans taking the series finale in 14 innings.

The Titans and Anteaters shared the same opponents in their last two nonconference games: UCLA and University of San Diego. Fullerton lost 12-4 on the road Tuesday against UCLA as it went through six different pitchers and gave up 18 hits.

Titans Blake Workman and Jimmy Endersby were the only pitchers to throw scoreless innings. The Bruins swept the season series against the Titans, scoring 12 runs in both games.  

On Tuesday Irvine hosted San Diego and came out with a 10-7 victory.  The Anteaters scored six runs in the third inning to take the lead for good and never looked back from there.

CSUF has failed to string together two consecutive wins after San Diego State snapped its six-game winning streak on April 13.

The first game of the series will start on Friday at 6:30 p.m. CSUF and Irvine will play again on Saturday at 2:00 p.m. and Sunday at 1:00 p.m.