CSUF baseball pitcher Colton Eastman wins Big West Pitcher of the Week after no-hitter against UC Santa Barbara

In Baseball, Sports
Colton Eastman releasing a pitch.
(Matt Brown / CSUF Sports Media)

CSUF baseball pitcher Colton Eastman earned his first Big West Conference Pitcher of the Week award of the season on Monday after throwing a no-hitter against UC Santa Barbara on March 29.

He became the fifth Titan ever to toss a no-hitter and the first to do so on the road. This is the first conference pitching award for Eastman since his freshman year.

“It was an unreal experience,” Eastman said. “I didn’t even know I had a no-hitter going until the 8th inning. I just tried to stay confident and keep my composure.”

Prior to the contest, the junior had never pitched more than seven innings in one game. His feat broke the record for most no-hitters thrown in a Division 1 baseball with 17 this season, which also happens to be his jersey number.

Eastman has played seven games this season and holds a 3-2 record with 44 strikeouts. The performance brought his ERA down to 2.47, which puts him in fourth place in the Big West.

CSUF failed to win the next two games against Santa Barbara, revealing to Eastman and the team that his award does not give them room to slack off.

“Unfortunately, we didn’t get the series win, so we still need to keep working,” Eastman said.

Now-suspended Cal State Fullerton guard Landon Kirkwood dribbles as basketball during a game in 2018.

CSUF men’s basketball quietly suspends Landon Kirkwood amid allegations of domestic violence

The CSUF men’s basketball team indefinitely suspended Titans guard Landon Kirkwood from all team activities after his girlfriend accused

Kyle Allman attempts jump shot

CSUF men’s basketball held to 49 points in home loss to Loyola Marymount

CSUF men's basketball suffered its first home defeat of the season Wednesday night, losing to Loyola Marymount University 59-49. Since

Athletes studying on a bus

CSUF athletes try to maintain a high GPA while on the road

Student-athletes at CSUF often face challenges balancing a regular school schedule with athletic commitments throughout an academic year, and