CSUF baseball pitcher Colton Eastman wins Big West Pitcher of the Week after no-hitter against UC Santa Barbara

In Baseball, Sports
Colton Eastman releasing a pitch.
(Matt Brown / CSUF Sports Media)

CSUF baseball pitcher Colton Eastman earned his first Big West Conference Pitcher of the Week award of the season on Monday after throwing a no-hitter against UC Santa Barbara on March 29.

He became the fifth Titan ever to toss a no-hitter and the first to do so on the road. This is the first conference pitching award for Eastman since his freshman year.

“It was an unreal experience,” Eastman said. “I didn’t even know I had a no-hitter going until the 8th inning. I just tried to stay confident and keep my composure.”

Prior to the contest, the junior had never pitched more than seven innings in one game. His feat broke the record for most no-hitters thrown in a Division 1 baseball with 17 this season, which also happens to be his jersey number.

Eastman has played seven games this season and holds a 3-2 record with 44 strikeouts. The performance brought his ERA down to 2.47, which puts him in fourth place in the Big West.

CSUF failed to win the next two games against Santa Barbara, revealing to Eastman and the team that his award does not give them room to slack off.

“Unfortunately, we didn’t get the series win, so we still need to keep working,” Eastman said.

Two men in the Quad hoisting their banner of Jesus Saves from Hell.

Conflict erupts over Jesus Saves from Hell banner in the Quad

A crowd of students congregated in the Quad to protest two men that came on campus with a banner

The opening page of the GOP Envoy app

Republicans and Democrats are using phone apps to recruit

Three years ago CNN proclaimed the smartphone to be the “new political battleground” in America. Now, congressional candidates in

Cal State Fullerton students arrested for stealing golf cart

A group of Cal State Fullerton students stole an athletics department golf cart from the Kinesiology and Health Science