CSUF baseball prepares for rematch against UCLA on Tuesday

In Baseball, Sports
Titans baseball team celebrate

CSUF baseball will head to Jackie Robinson Stadium on Tuesday for a nonconference game against UCLA.

This will be the second time this year the teams meet. The Titans lost the first matchup 12-2, where they trailed 3-2 before giving up nine runs over the final two innings.

Both teams are heading into Tuesday’s game after winning on Sunday, with CSUF defeating Hawaii 8-0 and UCLA defeating USC 7-3.

Titans Head Coach Rick Vanderhook said freshman pitcher Tanner Bibee will draw the start for Fullerton on Tuesday. Bibee has appeared in 12 games this season, holding a 2-3 record with a 4.04 ERA.

The Titans won two of the three games in their series against Hawaii. The Titans took the series Sunday after scoring early in the game and turning five double plays.

“We control our own destiny. We’re just focused on playing one pitch at a time and hopefully things go our way next week,” said shortstop Sahid Valenzuela.

UCLA swept USC, outscoring the Trojans 42-6 during the three-game series, a majority of the runs scored during the first two games. UCLA is now 25-10 overall and 14-4 in the Pac-12 conference.

“We’ll go and huddle it up and see what UCLA has got on Tuesday. They pounded USC the past two days. I think they have scored 37 runs in two games, so they’re swinging it good,” Vanderhook said.

Fullerton holds a 19-19 record, but in its Big West conference games, the team is 6-3.

“We are gonna play another midweek (game) and then get ready for Irvine on the weekend,” Vanderhook said.

The Titans will take on the Bruins on the road at 6 p.m.

How to get your snow during this Californian winter break

Here in Southern California, winter weather mostly consists of gloomy clouds and the occasional rain shower, but with a

Maricsa Segundo holds her daughter, Caroline, at the beach

CSUF student comes out of postpartum depression stronger

Maricsa Secundo, a MAC makeup artist and biology major at Cal State Fullerton, was thrilled to finally find out

piles of trash in the Republic Services facility in Anaheim.

The journey of trash after you throw it away at CSUF

Discarded seat cushions, chemical and detergent bottles, and bags of garbage tower over a bulldozer as it sweeps piles