CSUF men’s golf sits in first place after first round of the Big West championship

In Men's Golf, Sports
CSUF men's golf
(Courtesy of Matt Brown)

CSUF men’s golf finished round one of the Big West championship in first place at the 18-hole Eisenhower (Ike) Course with 6-under-par 288 on Sunday.

The Titans are two strokes ahead of UC Irvine and UC Santa Barbara, which ended round one tied for second with 4-under-par 288. Following them is Long Beach State at 1-over-par 288.

A handful of Fullerton golfers played strong Sunday. Redshirt senior Martin Manalo, junior Matt Wilson and senior Mark Cobey all led the way for CSUF with top-10 finishes individually.

Manalo tied for third with 3-under-par 72, the best out of the Titans. Wilson tied for fifth with 2-under-par 72, while Cobey tied for seventh with 1-under-par 72.

Sophomore Derek Castillo and freshman Dalton Daniel tied for 13th at even par.

The Titans will return to Industry Hills Golf Club on Monday at 8:50 a.m. for the second round.

Crime Log: Stalking, false fire alarm and speeding contest

Cal State Fullerton University Police responded to various crime calls during the month of March, ranging from speeding contests,

Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) is a terrible business model that can harm vulnerable individuals and communities that don’t know the