CSUF men’s golf finishes in sixth place at Wyoming Cowboy Classic

In Men's Golf, Sports
Matt Wilson standing with a golf club after swimming the club.
(Courtesy of Matt Brown)

CSUF men’s golf ended the Wyoming Cowboy Classic in sixth place Tuesday, tying with McNeese State and finishing 7-under-par 864.

The Titans returned to finish the 36-hole tournament at the Whirlwind Golf Club in Chandler, Arizona with some individual leaders on their roster, and junior Matt Wilson leading the way for CSUF.

Fullerton moved up three places after ending its first round of the tournament in ninth place. However, the University of Texas San Antonio took the top spot, finishing first at 22-under-par 864.

Wilson managed to tie for 17th place and finished 3-under-par 216 after moving five spots up in the first two rounds of Monday’s tournament.

Senior Mark Cobey, however, didn’t see the same fate.

Cobey dropped three places after carrying the Titans on day one of the tournament. Cobey finished 1-under-par 216, sharing a 20th place tie with teammate Derek Castillo, who moved up 31 places.

Freshman Dalton Daniel tied for 40th with 3-over-par 216, while redshirt senior Martin Manalo dropped 17 places tying for 51st place at 4-over-par 216.

For the individual competition, sophomore Michael Sharkey finished in eighth place out of 14 with 8-over-par 216.

The Titans will participate in the El Macero Classic April 13 through 15, the last tournament before the Big West championship, which starts April 28.

red lips

‘Insatiable’ lacks integrity for covering edgy material

Netflix viewers are going to be crying tears — and not of laughter — because the streaming service has

Nic Sheff is portrayed, symbolically showing his light and dark sides through shadowing.

Review: ‘Beautiful Boy’ is sure to warm and break hearts this fall

Countless young adults feel isolated, misunderstood by the world and estranged from their families during their development. “Beautiful Boy”

Vietnamese artists display their work at the Salz-Pollak Atrium Gallery of Pollak Library.

Historic and modern Vietnamese art featured at Pollak Library

Works that involve oil on canvas, acrylic on boards and watercolor on silk are combined together to make one