CSUF men’s golf finishes in sixth place at Wyoming Cowboy Classic

In Men's Golf, Sports
Matt Wilson standing with a golf club after swimming the club.
(Courtesy of Matt Brown)

CSUF men’s golf ended the Wyoming Cowboy Classic in sixth place Tuesday, tying with McNeese State and finishing 7-under-par 864.

The Titans returned to finish the 36-hole tournament at the Whirlwind Golf Club in Chandler, Arizona with some individual leaders on their roster, and junior Matt Wilson leading the way for CSUF.

Fullerton moved up three places after ending its first round of the tournament in ninth place. However, the University of Texas San Antonio took the top spot, finishing first at 22-under-par 864.

Wilson managed to tie for 17th place and finished 3-under-par 216 after moving five spots up in the first two rounds of Monday’s tournament.

Senior Mark Cobey, however, didn’t see the same fate.

Cobey dropped three places after carrying the Titans on day one of the tournament. Cobey finished 1-under-par 216, sharing a 20th place tie with teammate Derek Castillo, who moved up 31 places.

Freshman Dalton Daniel tied for 40th with 3-over-par 216, while redshirt senior Martin Manalo dropped 17 places tying for 51st place at 4-over-par 216.

For the individual competition, sophomore Michael Sharkey finished in eighth place out of 14 with 8-over-par 216.

The Titans will participate in the El Macero Classic April 13 through 15, the last tournament before the Big West championship, which starts April 28.

Gordon Capp, assistant professor of social work at Cal State Fullerton taught elementary and middle schools for six years.

Mental illness is only one part of addressing gun violence

Last weekend tragedy struck when a mass shooter opened fire at the Borderline Bar and Grill in Thousand Oaks,

Guests hug each other at the memorial service for Augie Garrido on Nov. 9.

CSUF honors the Titans baseball head coach Augie Garrido

CSUF baseball players, coaches, alumni and members of the CSUF athletic department commemorated the life of Augie Garrido, a

CSUF volleyball middle blocker Summer Kerins celebrates senior night with her family and head coach Ashley Preston when the Titans faced the Cal Baptist Lancers.

CSUF volleyball salvages one set against Cal Baptist on senior night

CSUF volleyball dropped its final home match of the season 3-1 to Cal Baptist University on Tuesday night, giving