CSUF men’s golf finishes ninth on the first day of the Wyoming Cowboy Classic

Derek Castillo swinging a golf club.
(Photo courtesy of Matt Brown)

CSUF men’s golf ended day one of the Wyoming Cowboy Classic in ninth place, finishing with a score of 3-under-par 576.

The Titans competed alongside 15 other universities and completed 18 of the 36 holes at the Whirlwind Golf Club in Chandler, Arizona.

Fullerton dropped two places from its seventh place tie at the end of round one, CSUF still managed to get individual leaders on the board.

Senior Mark Cobey tied for 17th, with a score of 2-under-par 144. Junior Matt Wilson also tied for 22nd, with a score of 1-under-par 144.

Redshirt senior Martin Manalo tied for 34th, and was 1-over-par 144. Freshman Dalton Daniel tied for 42nd, with a score of 2-over-par 144. Sophomore Derek Castillo tied for 51st with 3-over-par 144.

In the individual competition, Michael Sharkey finished 11th out of 14 with 8-over-par 144.

The Titans are trailing behind Sam Houston State, which finished day one in first place with a score of 19-under-par 576, and the University of Texas at San Antonio finished second with a score of 16-under-par 576.

CSUF will return to the Whirlwind Golf Club on April 10 at 8:30 a.m. where the Titans will compete in one round to close out day two of the tournament.

Exterior shot of the CSUF emblem

Cal State Universities work to improve sustainability efforts

Sustainability is becoming more important to all Cal State Universities as each university has agreed to comply with specific

Where CSUF’s water comes from and how it’s maintained

Cal State Fullerton’s water supply comes from the city of Fullerton, which gets its water from the Metropolitan Water

Cal State Fullerton’s commuter culture negatively impacts air quality on campus

Commuter behavior poses a threat to Cal State Fullerton’s ability to meet air quality pollution standards set by the