CSUF softball third baseman Bryanna Ybarra earns first career Big West Conference Field Player of the Week award

In Softball, Sports
(Gabe Gandara / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF softball third baseman Bryanna Ybarra earned her first career Big West Conference Field Player of the Week award on Monday.

Ybarra recorded six hits in her eight at-bats in the Titans three-game sweep against Hawaii over the weekend. She also crushed two home runs in Friday’s win to lead the team back from a 3-0 deficit.

Ybarra logged two hits in each game against Hawaii on her way to a 1.625 slugging percentage. She played a key role in CSUF outscoring its opponent 21-6 overall.

Since conference play started, Ybarra leads the Big West in hits with, batting average of .515 and on-base percentage of .585. She trails only Long Beach State’s Taylor Rowland’s 11 RBIs  and her .909 slugging percentage.

This season, Ybarra leads Fullerton in home runs with four and is tied for the top spot in RBIs with 28. Her  slugging percentage, .530, is also the highest on the team for players with more than 25 at-bats.

Fullerton will take on UC Davis at the Anderson Family Field in a three-game series starting Saturday at noon.

The protagonist in Suspiria, Susie, uses hypnosis to make her way into a ballet school.

Review: New thriller ‘Suspiria’ isn’t your typical ballet film

Thom Yorke of Radiohead debuts in his first soundtrack for director Luca Guadagnino’s remake of 'Suspiria' Although this film

Veterans Resource Center’s cuts the ribbon to a new location at their grand opening.

Veterans Resource Center cuts the ribbon to new location

The transition from the military to school wasn’t easy for Student Veterans Association President Amy Thrunson, but with Cal

Front doors of the Hello Kitty Cafe.

The Hello Kitty Cafe brings the Irvine Spectrum to life

Sanrio characters and the smell of baked goods fill the Hello Kitty Grand Cafe, a new feature at the