CSUF softball third baseman Bryanna Ybarra earns first career Big West Conference Field Player of the Week award

In Softball, Sports
(Gabe Gandara / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF softball third baseman Bryanna Ybarra earned her first career Big West Conference Field Player of the Week award on Monday.

Ybarra recorded six hits in her eight at-bats in the Titans three-game sweep against Hawaii over the weekend. She also crushed two home runs in Friday’s win to lead the team back from a 3-0 deficit.

Ybarra logged two hits in each game against Hawaii on her way to a 1.625 slugging percentage. She played a key role in CSUF outscoring its opponent 21-6 overall.

Since conference play started, Ybarra leads the Big West in hits with, batting average of .515 and on-base percentage of .585. She trails only Long Beach State’s Taylor Rowland’s 11 RBIs  and her .909 slugging percentage.

This season, Ybarra leads Fullerton in home runs with four and is tied for the top spot in RBIs with 28. Her  slugging percentage, .530, is also the highest on the team for players with more than 25 at-bats.

Fullerton will take on UC Davis at the Anderson Family Field in a three-game series starting Saturday at noon.

Exterior shot of the CSUF emblem

Cal State Universities work to improve sustainability efforts

Sustainability is becoming more important to all Cal State Universities as each university has agreed to comply with specific

Where CSUF’s water comes from and how it’s maintained

Cal State Fullerton’s water supply comes from the city of Fullerton, which gets its water from the Metropolitan Water

Cal State Fullerton’s commuter culture negatively impacts air quality on campus

Commuter behavior poses a threat to Cal State Fullerton’s ability to meet air quality pollution standards set by the