CSUF softball third baseman Bryanna Ybarra earns first career Big West Conference Field Player of the Week award

In Softball, Sports
(Gabe Gandara / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF softball third baseman Bryanna Ybarra earned her first career Big West Conference Field Player of the Week award on Monday.

Ybarra recorded six hits in her eight at-bats in the Titans three-game sweep against Hawaii over the weekend. She also crushed two home runs in Friday’s win to lead the team back from a 3-0 deficit.

Ybarra logged two hits in each game against Hawaii on her way to a 1.625 slugging percentage. She played a key role in CSUF outscoring its opponent 21-6 overall.

Since conference play started, Ybarra leads the Big West in hits with, batting average of .515 and on-base percentage of .585. She trails only Long Beach State’s Taylor Rowland’s 11 RBIs  and her .909 slugging percentage.

This season, Ybarra leads Fullerton in home runs with four and is tied for the top spot in RBIs with 28. Her  slugging percentage, .530, is also the highest on the team for players with more than 25 at-bats.

Fullerton will take on UC Davis at the Anderson Family Field in a three-game series starting Saturday at noon.

Louis C.K. on stage, under spotlight, with nobody in the audience

The return of comedian Louis C.K. must not be supported

Comedian Louis C.K.’s surprise return to the stage doesn’t deserve the applause it received.   Louis C.K admitted to accusations

red lips

‘Insatiable’ lacks integrity for covering edgy material

Netflix viewers are going to be crying tears — and not of laughter — because the streaming service has

Nic Sheff is portrayed, symbolically showing his light and dark sides through shadowing.

Review: ‘Beautiful Boy’ is sure to warm and break hearts this fall

Countless young adults feel isolated, misunderstood by the world and estranged from their families during their adolescent development. “Beautiful