CSUF Tennis to host Cal Poly and UC Santa Barbara in final homestand before Big West Championship

In Sports, Tennis
Duo Sarah Nuno and Karla Portalatin celebrate after a set.
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF tennis is nearing the end of its season as it prepares to host Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and UC Santa Barbara in its final homestand before the Big West championship.

The Titans (16-4) have put together a standout season and are gaining momentum looking for their third straight win as they head into their conference tournament.

Fullerton can finish with a better conference record than last year if it defeats Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara.

The Mustangs are currently in seventh place in the Big West with a 1-4 record, while the Gauchos sit right underneath the Titans at 3-1.

Cal Poly SLO (5-11) hasn’t played against the Titans this year. Last season, Fullerton eked out a close 4-3 win.

Duo Susanne Boyden and Molly Reed lead the Mustangs with a 3-0 record, bringing the team’s overall doubles win percentage up to .425.

Santa Barbara will also matchup against CSUF for the first time this season. In last year’s contest the Gauchos managed to snatch a 4-1 victory over the Titans.

The Titans will begin their weekend matches starting with Cal Poly SLO on Saturday, April 14 at 11 a.m. before they face the Gauchos on Sunday, April 15 at 11 a.m.

Exterior shot of the CSUF emblem

Cal State Universities work to improve sustainability efforts

Sustainability is becoming more important to all Cal State Universities as each university has agreed to comply with specific

Where CSUF’s water comes from and how it’s maintained

Cal State Fullerton’s water supply comes from the city of Fullerton, which gets its water from the Metropolitan Water

Cal State Fullerton’s commuter culture negatively impacts air quality on campus

Commuter behavior poses a threat to Cal State Fullerton’s ability to meet air quality pollution standards set by the