CSUF tennis enters its final match of conference play against Long Beach State before the Big West Tournament

In Sports, Tennis
Titans Jadie Acidera striking a tennis ball.
(Gabe Gandara / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF tennis will be looking to capture a win against Long Beach State on Friday and enter the tournament on a hot streak in its final game of the season before the Big West championship on April 26.

“If we keep going the way we have been going the rest of the season with our preparation and treating every match the same, we will have a pretty good shot,” said Titans Head Coach Dianne Matias.

Prior to Saturday’s loss against UC Santa Barbara, the Titans were on a three-game winning streak. CSUF is looking to improve on its total record of 17-5.

“The ones that we have lost have been 4-3 losses, so we’re right there. The next two weeks we’re just going to put in all we got and go for the championship,” said senior Isabel Donaldson.

The Titans will have to be strategic in their Friday match against Long Beach State, as the 49ers are No. 5 in the Big West standings with an 11-8 overall record and 5-2 conference record.

Long Beach’s main doubles duo, Lena Pacholski and Sadaf Sadeghvaziri, lead the team with a 7-1 doubles record and are currently on a two-match winning streak.

Facing tough competition, the Titans will need to utilize Sarah Nuno and Karla Portalatin in their doubles matches. The two currently have an overall record of 23-6 and a conference record of 5-1.

The Titans will take on Long Beach State in an away match on Friday, April 20 at 2 p.m.

Three Titans in position for serve receive

CSUF volleyball hosts No. 15 Cal Poly SLO on Friday

CSUF volleyball will host reigning Big West champions and No. 15 Cal Poly SLO, according to the NCAA, on

Samantha McKenna battling for the ball

Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer travels to University of San Diego before hosting University of Denver

Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer (3-5-1) will finish its four-game road trip Sept. 21 at the University of San

A spread of fresh vegetables: strawberries, peppers, carrots, cilantro, and an apple.

Devil’s Advocate: Significant change begins with vegetarianism

Maintaining a vegetarian diet is better for the environment, people’s health and a more ethical way to live, even