Potential CSUF students and their families come to campus for Welcome to Cal State Fullerton Day

A crowd of potential students and their families gather on campus for welcome to cal state fullerton day
(Cole Graves / Daily Titan)

Thousands of potential CSUF students and their families flooded the campus Saturday for the annual Welcome to California State University, Fullerton Day.

All eight colleges along with 60 student clubs and organizations set up booths across CSUF to talk to prospective students about their majors and opportunities to get involved on campus.

Bryan Corrales-Reyes, a senior at Fullerton High School, said he’s interested in coming to CSUF to study journalism.

“I was applying everywhere, but I live pretty close here and it wouldn’t be expensive,” Corrales-Reyes said.

Families were encouraged to familiarize themselves with the school by taking campus and housing tours led by students and staff. Incoming students attended workshops on transitioning to CSUF, financial aid advice and information about student organizations like sororities and fraternities.

Volunteers were scattered around campus to help any lost or confused prospective students.

“It’s a really huge event, that’s why we have many people signing up to be volunteers,” said volunteer Viviana Gomez.

Deborah Bonilla, a current student at Fullerton College, plans to transfer to CSUF in the fall as a psychology major.

Bonilla said she chose CSUF because of its close distance to her home and work.

“This is the only college I applied to for transfer because I have a full-time job, I work 10-hour days,” Bonilla said. “It’s really hectic and I didn’t want to worry about driving far.”

Cal State Fullerton President Fram Virjee welcomed the high school seniors and future transfer students in Titan Stadium before wandering around the campus himself.

“You are the newest members of the Titan family and we’re very proud to welcome you,” Virjee said.

CSUF baseball faced the TCU Horned Frogs to kick off the MLB4 Tournament in Scottsdale, Arizona

CSUF baseball topples TCU in MLB4 tournament opener

In MLB’s inaugural game of the MLB4 Tournament, Cal State Fullerton baseball kept Texas Christian University at bay behind