Potential CSUF students and their families come to campus for Welcome to Cal State Fullerton Day

A crowd of potential students and their families gather on campus for welcome to cal state fullerton day
(Cole Graves / Daily Titan)

Thousands of potential CSUF students and their families flooded the campus Saturday for the annual Welcome to California State University, Fullerton Day.

All eight colleges along with 60 student clubs and organizations set up booths across CSUF to talk to prospective students about their majors and opportunities to get involved on campus.

Bryan Corrales-Reyes, a senior at Fullerton High School, said he’s interested in coming to CSUF to study journalism.

“I was applying everywhere, but I live pretty close here and it wouldn’t be expensive,” Corrales-Reyes said.

Families were encouraged to familiarize themselves with the school by taking campus and housing tours led by students and staff. Incoming students attended workshops on transitioning to CSUF, financial aid advice and information about student organizations like sororities and fraternities.

Volunteers were scattered around campus to help any lost or confused prospective students.

“It’s a really huge event, that’s why we have many people signing up to be volunteers,” said volunteer Viviana Gomez.

Deborah Bonilla, a current student at Fullerton College, plans to transfer to CSUF in the fall as a psychology major.

Bonilla said she chose CSUF because of its close distance to her home and work.

“This is the only college I applied to for transfer because I have a full-time job, I work 10-hour days,” Bonilla said. “It’s really hectic and I didn’t want to worry about driving far.”

Cal State Fullerton President Fram Virjee welcomed the high school seniors and future transfer students in Titan Stadium before wandering around the campus himself.

“You are the newest members of the Titan family and we’re very proud to welcome you,” Virjee said.

Kristin Orloff reads from her book American Wings, Iranian Roots in the Pollak Library on Wednesday evening

Author Kristin Orloff and Reza Abedi of biography ‘American Wings, Iranian Roots’ come to CSUF to share the story of the Iranian defector

CSUF alumna Kristin Orloff said her life was changed after hearing the story of Reza Abedi, a gold-medal winning

Leo Torrez and Caleb Gibson standing next to each other smiling for 'The Importance of Being Earnest' by CSUF

CSUF Theater Review: ‘The Importance of Being Earnest’ delightfully revisits Oscar Wilde’s classic

CSUF’s “The Importance of Being Earnest” lets audiences indulge in Oscar Wilde’s classic, serving up sunny melodrama and mishaps,

Flags are in the background. A silhouette of a soldier faces a person protesting.

OPINION: Israel’s response to weekly border protests was justified

As Israel approaches its 70 years of independence as a democratic Jewish state, it faces a weekly threat from