Cal State Fullerton softball to play final road series of season at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

In Softball, Sports
Pitcher Sophie Frost is in the middle of pitching during a game.
(Jaime Cornejo / Daily Titan File Photo)

Cal State Fullerton softball will travel to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo for its final road series in the Big West conference this season.

The Titans (29-21, 14-1 in conference) have won their last eight conference games despite having their overall winning streak snapped by UCLA on Tuesday. The Mustangs (23-21, 7-8 in conference) have won five of their last seven Big West games.

Batting is not Cal Poly SLO’s strong suit. The team ranks last in hits, runs, RBIs and batting average in the conference this season. Alternatively, Fullerton ranks No. 2 in all of the same categories.

Mustangs pitcher Lindsey Chalmers has been key to their current third-place rank in the Big West. She holds the lowest ERA in conference play (1.36) and has allowed the second-fewest home runs for pitchers with more than five starts.

Chalmers shares the most wins of Big West pitchers with Fullerton’s Sophie Frost, who has seven wins.

“She’s a very good pitcher. We’re going to watch some footage on her and make our adjustments to be prepared for Saturday,” said Titans Head Coach Kelly Ford.

Frost and Trish Parks combined for a season-high 11 strikeouts Tuesday against UCLA. Frost said the performance worked as a confidence boost for her, but she knows the entire pitching staff still has room for improvement before the regular season ends.

“We need to treat every single offense like the UCLA offense or we’re going to get surprised by some people,” Frost said.

The first pitch of Saturday’s doubleheader is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. The final game of the series will be played at the same time Sunday.

Column: Six NHL teams capable of winning the Stanley Cup this season

As the defending champion Washington Capitals’ 2018 Stanley Cup parade and madness finally concludes and the preseason gets underway,

Three Titans in position for serve receive

CSUF volleyball hosts No. 15 Cal Poly SLO on Friday

CSUF volleyball will host reigning Big West champions and No. 15 Cal Poly SLO, according to the NCAA, on

Samantha McKenna battling for the ball

Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer travels to University of San Diego before hosting University of Denver

Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer (3-5-1) will finish its four-game road trip Sept. 21 at the University of San