CSUF baseball looks to use its break to prepare for matchup against UC Davis

In Baseball, Sports
(Katie Alberston / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball will face off against the UC Davis Aggies for a weekend series at Dobbins Baseball Stadium starting Friday, May 4.

The Titans are coming off of a series sweep against UC Irvine that brought their record up to 9-3 in conference. For the first time since Feb. 27, the Titans did not play a midweek game this week.

Titans infielder Brett Borgogno said CSUF’s break between last weekend’s series and the matchup against Davis could benefit the team as it prepares to extend its winning streak.

“It’s huge because it gives us some time to rest on Tuesday and work on stuff we need to work on,” Borgogno said.

CSUF has been dominant in Big West conference play, holding the top seed with a 2.5 game lead over while Davis (15-24, 7-8 in conference) sits tied for seventh.

Aggies outfielder Ryan Anderson has started every game this season and leads the team with a batting average of .362 and 31 RBIs. His batting average is the second highest in the Big West.

Davis’ pitching staff holds the bottom spot in hits, runs and earned runs. In its last series, Fullerton gave up an average of four runs per game.

If its strong offensive play against Irvine carries over, the Aggies will need to fight an uphill battle as the Titans averaged 6.67 runs per contest against the Anteaters.

The first game of the three-game series is slated to begin Friday at 2:30 p.m.

A spread of fresh vegetables: strawberries, peppers, carrots, cilantro, and an apple.

Devil’s Advocate: Significant change begins with vegetarianism

Maintaining a vegetarian diet is better for the environment, people’s health and a more ethical way to live, even

The empty lot of city land that could be the potential new home for the Pathways of Hope Keystone Project.

Pathways of Hope proposes Keystone project to city council to reduce homelessness in OC

Pathways of Hope, a local nonprofit organization, has created the Keystone project in an effort to combat homelessness specifically

Joanne Ferchland-Parella one of three finalists for associate vice president position

Joanne Ferchland-Parella is one of three finalists for the open position of associate vice president for University Advancement —