CSUF baseball looks to use its break to prepare for matchup against UC Davis

In Baseball, Sports
(Katie Alberston / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball will face off against the UC Davis Aggies for a weekend series at Dobbins Baseball Stadium starting Friday, May 4.

The Titans are coming off of a series sweep against UC Irvine that brought their record up to 9-3 in conference. For the first time since Feb. 27, the Titans did not play a midweek game this week.

Titans infielder Brett Borgogno said CSUF’s break between last weekend’s series and the matchup against Davis could benefit the team as it prepares to extend its winning streak.

“It’s huge because it gives us some time to rest on Tuesday and work on stuff we need to work on,” Borgogno said.

CSUF has been dominant in Big West conference play, holding the top seed with a 2.5 game lead over while Davis (15-24, 7-8 in conference) sits tied for seventh.

Aggies outfielder Ryan Anderson has started every game this season and leads the team with a batting average of .362 and 31 RBIs. His batting average is the second highest in the Big West.

Davis’ pitching staff holds the bottom spot in hits, runs and earned runs. In its last series, Fullerton gave up an average of four runs per game.

If its strong offensive play against Irvine carries over, the Aggies will need to fight an uphill battle as the Titans averaged 6.67 runs per contest against the Anteaters.

The first game of the three-game series is slated to begin Friday at 2:30 p.m.