CSUF baseball puts six-game winning streak on the line against UC Riverside

In Baseball, Sports
Tanner Bibee pitching
(Jaime Cornejo / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball will aim to build on its Big West conference lead and extend its six-game winning streak this weekend against UC Riverside.

The Titans (25-20 overall, 12-3 in conference) sit in first place of the conference and are coming off back-to-back conference sweeps against UC Irvine and UC Davis. Their only conference loss this season has been at the hands of UC Santa Barbara.

The Highlanders (17-26 overall, 5-10 in conference) come to Fullerton following a road win at UC San Diego on Tuesday. The Highlanders are currently in last place in the Big West and have lost their last three conferences contests.

Strong pitching across the board contributes to CSUF’s success in the Big West. Its pitching staff’s 2.65 ERA is the lowest in conference play.

Colton Eastman has been leading the Titans in the Big West for innings pitched (39.1) and ERA for starting pitchers (1.60).

The Titans offense is not as explosive compared to some of the other teams in the conference. Their 78 runs scored is the second-lowest run total in Big West play.

However, the Titans plus-37 run differential is the best in the conference.

Second baseman Hank LoForte has also played a role in the Titans success. He has reached base in his last 29 games and recorded a hit in 26 of his last 29 games.

Highlander Cole Percival has led the team this year in innings pitched (69.1) and ERA (3.37).

Offensively, Connor Cannon has been one of Highlanders’ top producers. He has hit eight home runs this season, putting him second in the Big West.

CSUF returns to Goodwin Field after a seven-game road trip and will host UC Riverside starting Friday at 7:00 p.m.

CSUF Outside Hitter Gabrielle Barcelos set ups a spike attempt for her teammate against Cal Poly SLO, Sept. 21.

CSUF volleyball loses to UC Santa Barbara, drops eighth-straight game

CSUF volleyball was aced 10 times on the way to a three-set loss against UC Santa Barbara in Titan

CSUF's forward Bass Sarr confronts St. Francis' midfielder Kevin Smolyn during the Titans 2-2 tie.

CSUF men’s soccer draws tie against St. Francis University

Sunday night was repeated doses of deja vu disguised as a soccer game, as Cal State Fullerton men’s soccer

An electric vehicle spot, much like the one where the kicking incident occurred.

CSUF professor ordered to pay student for damaged car

John Short, Cal State Fullerton professor of theatre and dance, was ordered to pay a CSUF student $3,246.44 on