CSUF Campus Dining could be closing the Nutwood Cafe Grill sometime soon

Exterior of the nutwood cafe on the first floor of College Park
(Matthew Mendoza / Daily Titan)

Nutwood Cafe, on the first floor of College Park at CSUF, could be closing The Grill this summer. The Nutwood Cafe grill currently offers a variety of food ranging from eggs for breakfast to burgers and grilled chicken for lunch and dinner.

“We are looking into adjusting what is offered at Nutwood Cafe with a rebrand of the store, which includes closing The Grill,” according to an email sent to the Daily Titan by campus dining.

The Nutwood Cafe also offers Togo’s sandwiches, serves Starbucks coffee and has a wide variety of snacks and beverages.

The Grill employees would be transferred to other campus dining locations but Crystal Newman, campus dining marketing manager, could not specify which locations.  

There are no official plans for what may replace The Grill but “more information might be decided in July,” Newman said in an email.

Joshua Fleischer, a communications major at Cal State Fullerton, is a regular at Nutwood Cafe. He said he visits the cafe at least once a week due to its proximity to his classes.

“I can walk in if I’m heading to class a little early, get something to eat, something to drink. They have snacks and all kinds of stuff,” Fleischer said.

Raul Reyes, an accounting major at CSUF, would like to see healthier food options replace the grill.

I would say maybe a Poke Express that would be a good option, something that gives you an option of tofu, or the substitute of meat itself,” Reyes said.

This is a photo of a stress-relieving therapy dog that was at WellFest.

CSUF Health Services hosts second annual WellFest to meet staff, educate and raise awareness

Health Services hosted their second WellFest at the CSUF Student Wellness Center, where students relieved stress by petting certified

This is a photo of two of the three couples who participated in the panel.

Couples from Osher Lifelong Learning Institute share the secret to long-lasting love

The Diversity Initiatives and Resource Center and Osher Lifelong Learning Institute hosted a Valentine’s Day-themed couples panel with three

Gil Cisneros speaking with Fullerton residents

Representative Gil Cisneros hosts open house at Fullerton home office

Congressman Gil Cisneros, the Democrat representative of the 39th District opened his first home office in Fullerton this past