CSUF softball will play final series of the season against UC Riverside

In Softball, Sports
Sammie Vandiver sliding
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF softball will host UC Riverside this weekend for its final Big West conference series this season.

The Titans (31-22 overall, 16-2 in conference) defeated Cal Poly San Luis Obispo twice in their three-game series last weekend. The Titans have now won 10 of their last 12 games, only falling to UCLA and Cal Poly SLO.

The Highlanders (32-20 overall, 9-9 in conference) have won their last five matches, most recently defeating UC Santa Barbara in all three games of their weekend series.

Highlanders shortstop Hannah Rodriguez earned her first career Big West Softball Field Player of the Week award after leading her team to its first conference series sweep of the year over UC Santa Barbara.

The junior maintained a .700 batting average while recording at least two hits, one run and one RBI in all three performances.

Titans first baseman Zoe Richard was also nominated for the award after extending her hitting streak to 11 straight games against Cal Poly SLO. Pitcher Trish Parks was nominated for the Big West Softball Pitcher of the Week award after throwing her first conference shutout of the season in a 4-0 defeat.

Riverside has struggled in road games all season, boasting a 3-6 record away from Amy S. Harrison Field. Alternatively, CSUF holds a 21-14 record at Anderson Family Field and its only home loss in conference play came against Long Beach State on April 13.

Fullerton holds a two-game lead for first place in the Big West. The Titans must win this series against the Highlanders to secure their third consecutive Big West conference championship.

The first pitch on Friday is scheduled for 7:30 p.m and will also be available to watch on ESPNU.

Graph depicting full time equivalent students enrollment at different CSU's

Cal State Fullerton ranks lowest in funding per student in the CSU system

Cal State Fullerton receives the lowest funding per student in the CSU system and has the most enrolled students

Graph showing a decrease in crime statistics

CSUF releases Annual Security Report under Clery Act showing 2017 crime rates

Cal State Fullerton and several other local CSUs have released their 2017 Annual Security Report as mandated by the

Gayle Brunelle addresses her concerns with executive order 1100 at academic senate meeting thursday

General education requirements in CSU system could create faculty layoffs

Chancellor Timothy P. White issued an executive order in August 2017 requiring colleges in the CSU system to change