CSUF softball will play final series of the season against UC Riverside

In Softball, Sports
Sammie Vandiver sliding
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF softball will host UC Riverside this weekend for its final Big West conference series this season.

The Titans (31-22 overall, 16-2 in conference) defeated Cal Poly San Luis Obispo twice in their three-game series last weekend. The Titans have now won 10 of their last 12 games, only falling to UCLA and Cal Poly SLO.

The Highlanders (32-20 overall, 9-9 in conference) have won their last five matches, most recently defeating UC Santa Barbara in all three games of their weekend series.

Highlanders shortstop Hannah Rodriguez earned her first career Big West Softball Field Player of the Week award after leading her team to its first conference series sweep of the year over UC Santa Barbara.

The junior maintained a .700 batting average while recording at least two hits, one run and one RBI in all three performances.

Titans first baseman Zoe Richard was also nominated for the award after extending her hitting streak to 11 straight games against Cal Poly SLO. Pitcher Trish Parks was nominated for the Big West Softball Pitcher of the Week award after throwing her first conference shutout of the season in a 4-0 defeat.

Riverside has struggled in road games all season, boasting a 3-6 record away from Amy S. Harrison Field. Alternatively, CSUF holds a 21-14 record at Anderson Family Field and its only home loss in conference play came against Long Beach State on April 13.

Fullerton holds a two-game lead for first place in the Big West. The Titans must win this series against the Highlanders to secure their third consecutive Big West conference championship.

The first pitch on Friday is scheduled for 7:30 p.m and will also be available to watch on ESPNU.

Illustration of student buying food

California proposing financial aid to food insecure students

The number of food-insecure students has been rising across college campuses throughout the nation due to rising tuition costs

Kanye West raps while three sillhouettes of women labeled with slang look over their shoulder in scorn.

Rappers Kanye West and the late XXXTentacion promote misogyny

It’s a troubling reality that most rappers still have a thriving career. From their seemingly flagrant misogynistic behaviors to

A graphic showing the steps to take in the event of an active shooter

Active shooter drills at Cal State Fullerton

September is National Preparedness Month at Cal State Fullerton, which encompasses everything from fire, earthquake, hurricane and active shooter