CSUF track and field set new personal bests at Titan Twilight

Thaddeus Young running
(Courtesy of Matt Brown)

CSUF track and field junior Corey Gilbert broke his discus throw record at the Titan Twilight on Saturday at CSUF’s Titan Track & Field Complex.

Gilbert originally surpassed the 44-year-old team discus record on March 24 at the UC Riverside Spring Classic Invitational after hauling 54.45 meters. But in the Titan Twilight, he set a new best at 56.09 meters.

In their final nonconference meet before the primary portion of the Big West championship, the Titans secured five first-place finishes.

In the men’s 4×100-meter relay, Titans quartet of Luis Matos, Thaddeus Smith, Rasaun House and Marcel Espinoza finished in first place with a time of 40.65 seconds.

In his solo event, House recorded a new personal best and took first place in the men’s 200-meter sprint, finishing at 21.39 seconds. Matos claimed second place with a time of 21.85 seconds.

Junior Morgan Love placed first in the women’s 400-meter dash ending with a time of 58.11 seconds. Finishing shortly behind her for second place was sophomore Mia Franco at 58.63 seconds.

In the women’s triple jump, junior Onyx Gaston landed at 11.52 meters for a first place finish.

Junior Alysse McMillen won the women’s pole vault event after clearing a personal best of 3.90 meters.

The Titans will enter the final two days of the Big West championships on May 11 and 12 at Cal State Northridge before the NCAA DI West Preliminary Round at the end of May.

Exterior shot of the CSUF emblem

Cal State Universities work to improve sustainability efforts

Sustainability is becoming more important to all Cal State Universities as each university has agreed to comply with specific

Where CSUF’s water comes from and how it’s maintained

Cal State Fullerton’s water supply comes from the city of Fullerton, which gets its water from the Metropolitan Water

Cal State Fullerton’s commuter culture negatively impacts air quality on campus

Commuter behavior poses a threat to Cal State Fullerton’s ability to meet air quality pollution standards set by the