CSUF track and field earns all four Big West Track and Field Athlete of the Week honors

Anthony Applequist posing
(Courtesy of Nick Allen)

CSUF track and field athletes Corey Gilbert, Tyler Hardge, Alysse McMillen and Sam Schubert swept the final round of Big West Track and Field Athlete of the Week awards following their May 5 performances in the Titan Twilight.

Schubert set a new personal best in the 110-meter hurdles. He finished with a time of 14.41 seconds, trimming down his previous personal best of 14.62 seconds.

For this season, his new record ranks as the seventh-best time for 110-meter hurdles in the Big West conference.

Hardge took second place in the 400-meter hurdles and finished with a time of 61.89 seconds, which is the ninth-fastest finish this season in conference. Her best time is still 60.10 seconds, which she set at the CSUN Challenge on May 2, 2015.

Field athletes Gilbert and McMillen set new personal bests during the competition.

Gilbert heaved new personal and team bests in the discus toss of 56.09 meters. However, he fell short of achieving first place by 3.12 meters.

He also held the previous team record after throwing 54.45 meters on March 24.

The distance still placed Gilbert as No.17 in the NCAA Division 1 West Region and second in the Big West top marks list.

McMillen’s clearance of 3.90 meters in pole vault was her best clearance this season, earning a first-place finish at the Titan Twilight. This height also gives McMillen a chance to contend for a medal at the Big West Conference Track & Field Championship this weekend.

The final days of the Big West championship will take place on May 11 and May 12.

This is a photo of a stress-relieving therapy dog that was at WellFest.

CSUF Health Services hosts second annual WellFest to meet staff, educate and raise awareness

Health Services hosted their second WellFest at the CSUF Student Wellness Center, where students relieved stress by petting certified

This is a photo of two of the three couples who participated in the panel.

Couples from Osher Lifelong Learning Institute share the secret to long-lasting love

The Diversity Initiatives and Resource Center and Osher Lifelong Learning Institute hosted a Valentine’s Day-themed couples panel with three

Gil Cisneros speaking with Fullerton residents

Representative Gil Cisneros hosts open house at Fullerton home office

Congressman Gil Cisneros, the Democrat representative of the 39th District opened his first home office in Fullerton this past