Derek Castillo and Mark Cobey of CSUF men’s golf earn Big West All-Conference honors

In Men's Golf, Sports
Martin Manalo swinging
(Courtesy of Robert Huskey)

Sophomore Derek Castillo and senior Mark Cobey of CSUF men’s golf received All-Conference honors for the Big West conference on Wednesday.

In his first year at CSUF, Castillo made the All-Conference first team. Cobey earned second team honors in his final season with the team.

Castillo’s best performance of the season came at the Bill Cullum Invitational on Oct. 16 and 17. He took first place overall at 14-under-par 202 as he led the Titans to a fourth-place finish out of 12 teams.

Some of his top performances of the season include the Sacramento State Invitational (tied for eighth at 2-over-par 218), the ORU/SFA Challenge (tied for seventh at 4-over-par 217) and the William H. Tucker Intercollegiate (tied for seventh at even par 216).

In the Big West championship, Castillo shot 2-over-par 218 for a 19th-place tie.

At the Waves Challenge on Jan. 29 and 30, Cobey earned his best finish of the season, tying for 10th place at 10-over-par 226.

He finished tied for 14th at the El Macero Classic (8-over-par 224), tied for 16th at the Itani Quality Homes Collegiate (2-under-par 211) and tied for 20th at the Wyoming Cowboy Classic (1-under-par 215).

Cobey’s 6-over-par 222 put him tied for 26th at the Big West championship.

Although Cobey played his final season, Castillo is set to return for his junior season.

Guests hug each other at the memorial service for Augie Garrido on Nov. 9.

CSUF honors the Titans baseball head coach Augie Garrido

CSUF baseball players, coaches, alumni and members of the CSUF athletic department commemorated the life of Augie Garrido, a

CSUF volleyball middle blocker Summer Kerins celebrates senior night with her family and head coach Ashley Preston when the Titans faced the Cal Baptist Lancers.

CSUF volleyball salvages one set against Cal Baptist on senior night

CSUF volleyball dropped its final home match of the season 3-1 to Cal Baptist University on Tuesday night, giving

The ‘Mayans M.C.’ takes ‘Sons of Anarchy’ to a new level

The “Mayans M.C.” season finale gave fans an answer to the season’s biggest mystery, but brings more unanswered questions