In Baseball, Sports, Top Stories
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball dropped the first game of the NCAA Fullerton Super Regional to Washington 8-5 Friday at Goodwin Field.

In the top of the ninth with two outs and a one-run lead, Huskies right fielder Kaiser Weiss doubled down the left field line to bring two runners home. The Titans put only one batter on base in the bottom of the inning.

CSUF tied its season high of errors, committing five in the contest.

Fullerton took command of the game in the first inning with an RBI double from catcher Daniel Cope. In the second inning, left fielder Chris Prescott scored on a fielding error, stretching the Titans lead to 2-0.

Washington responded by putting up two runs in four of the next seven innings, leading to 14 total hits. Despite finishing with 12 hits, the Titans only logged two hits in their final 10 at-bats.

Pitcher Colton Eastman started for CSUF, surrendering 12 hits while striking out eight batters in his seven innings. Shortstop Sahid Valenzuela led Fullerton with three hits while second baseman Hank LoForte, right fielder Ruben Cardenas and first baseman Jake Pavletich finished with two each.

The Titans will play what could be their last game of the season on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. as they try to force a game three in their Super Regional.

Exterior shot of the CSUF emblem

Cal State Universities work to improve sustainability efforts

Sustainability is becoming more important to all Cal State Universities as each university has agreed to comply with specific

Where CSUF’s water comes from and how it’s maintained

Cal State Fullerton’s water supply comes from the city of Fullerton, which gets its water from the Metropolitan Water

Cal State Fullerton’s commuter culture negatively impacts air quality on campus

Commuter behavior poses a threat to Cal State Fullerton’s ability to meet air quality pollution standards set by the