In Baseball, Sports, Top Stories
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball dropped the first game of the NCAA Fullerton Super Regional to Washington 8-5 Friday at Goodwin Field.

In the top of the ninth with two outs and a one-run lead, Huskies right fielder Kaiser Weiss doubled down the left field line to bring two runners home. The Titans put only one batter on base in the bottom of the inning.

CSUF tied its season high of errors, committing five in the contest.

Fullerton took command of the game in the first inning with an RBI double from catcher Daniel Cope. In the second inning, left fielder Chris Prescott scored on a fielding error, stretching the Titans lead to 2-0.

Washington responded by putting up two runs in four of the next seven innings, leading to 14 total hits. Despite finishing with 12 hits, the Titans only logged two hits in their final 10 at-bats.

Pitcher Colton Eastman started for CSUF, surrendering 12 hits while striking out eight batters in his seven innings. Shortstop Sahid Valenzuela led Fullerton with three hits while second baseman Hank LoForte, right fielder Ruben Cardenas and first baseman Jake Pavletich finished with two each.

The Titans will play what could be their last game of the season on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. as they try to force a game three in their Super Regional.

CSUF and CSUB tip off from Titan Gym.

Titans’ second half surge not enough in first round of CIT

The chapter of Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball, where the backcourt duo of Kyle Allman Jr. and Khalil Ahmad

Multilevel marketing (MLM) is a terrible business model that can harm vulnerable individuals and communities that don’t know the