In Baseball, Sports, Top Stories
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball dropped the first game of the NCAA Fullerton Super Regional to Washington 8-5 Friday at Goodwin Field.

In the top of the ninth with two outs and a one-run lead, Huskies right fielder Kaiser Weiss doubled down the left field line to bring two runners home. The Titans put only one batter on base in the bottom of the inning.

CSUF tied its season high of errors, committing five in the contest.

Fullerton took command of the game in the first inning with an RBI double from catcher Daniel Cope. In the second inning, left fielder Chris Prescott scored on a fielding error, stretching the Titans lead to 2-0.

Washington responded by putting up two runs in four of the next seven innings, leading to 14 total hits. Despite finishing with 12 hits, the Titans only logged two hits in their final 10 at-bats.

Pitcher Colton Eastman started for CSUF, surrendering 12 hits while striking out eight batters in his seven innings. Shortstop Sahid Valenzuela led Fullerton with three hits while second baseman Hank LoForte, right fielder Ruben Cardenas and first baseman Jake Pavletich finished with two each.

The Titans will play what could be their last game of the season on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. as they try to force a game three in their Super Regional.

Christian Maqueda strikes a ballerina pose on a table at CSUF.

CSUF student Christian Maqueda discovered a passion for dance through his involvement with high school color guard

To most, color guard is a spectacle before sporting events, but to Cal State Fullerton junior Christian Maqueda, it’s

Letter to the Editor:The Abrupt Dismissal of Clem Guthro as Dean of the University Library

I address this letter to the members of this university and its governing body with great concern in the

Cal State Fullerton releases limited documents that led up to firing of former Dean of the Pollak Library Clem Guthro

Cal State Fullerton won’t release certain documents regarding the administration’s decision to fire Clem Guthro, the well-liked former Dean