In Baseball, Sports, Top Stories
(Katie Albertson / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball dropped the first game of the NCAA Fullerton Super Regional to Washington 8-5 Friday at Goodwin Field.

In the top of the ninth with two outs and a one-run lead, Huskies right fielder Kaiser Weiss doubled down the left field line to bring two runners home. The Titans put only one batter on base in the bottom of the inning.

CSUF tied its season high of errors, committing five in the contest.

Fullerton took command of the game in the first inning with an RBI double from catcher Daniel Cope. In the second inning, left fielder Chris Prescott scored on a fielding error, stretching the Titans lead to 2-0.

Washington responded by putting up two runs in four of the next seven innings, leading to 14 total hits. Despite finishing with 12 hits, the Titans only logged two hits in their final 10 at-bats.

Pitcher Colton Eastman started for CSUF, surrendering 12 hits while striking out eight batters in his seven innings. Shortstop Sahid Valenzuela led Fullerton with three hits while second baseman Hank LoForte, right fielder Ruben Cardenas and first baseman Jake Pavletich finished with two each.

The Titans will play what could be their last game of the season on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. as they try to force a game three in their Super Regional.

Guests hug each other at the memorial service for Augie Garrido on Nov. 9.

CSUF honors the Titans baseball head coach Augie Garrido

CSUF baseball players, coaches, alumni and members of the CSUF athletic department commemorated the life of Augie Garrido, a

CSUF volleyball middle blocker Summer Kerins celebrates senior night with her family and head coach Ashley Preston when the Titans faced the Cal Baptist Lancers.

CSUF volleyball salvages one set against Cal Baptist on senior night

CSUF volleyball dropped its final home match of the season 3-1 to Cal Baptist University on Tuesday night, giving

The ‘Mayans M.C.’ takes ‘Sons of Anarchy’ to a new level

The “Mayans M.C.” season finale gave fans an answer to the season’s biggest mystery, but brings more unanswered questions