In Baseball, Sports, Top Stories
(Katie Alberston / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball sent the NCAA Fullerton Super Regional to a third game with its 5-2 win over Washington on Saturday.

Just like Friday’s game, the Titans led 2-0 after two innings. However, their control of the game never escaped as they held the Huskies to six hits.

Pitcher Tommy Wilson earned the start for Fullerton. He kept Washington in check in his seven innings pitched, surrendering three hits and forcing 14 flyouts.

Wilson struck out three batters and walked only one.

The Titans offense produced double-digit hits for the second game in a row. First baseman Jake Pavletich, third baseman Brett Borgogno and catcher Daniel Cope logged two hits each while five others finished with one.

Huskies cleanup hitter Joe Wainhouse scored both of Washington’s runs, launching a solo home run in the fourth inning and another in the ninth off of closing pitcher Brett Conine.

Titans head coach Rick Vanderhook will have a tough decision to make as he chooses who he will send out to the mound for Sunday’s game. Andrew Quezada served as CSUF’s Sunday pitcher for most of the season but did not play in any of the three games for the NCAA Stanford Regional.

Tanner Bibee started in his place, throwing a career-high 11 strikeouts in 6.2 innings while giving up five hits and two runs.

Game three of the Fullerton Super Regional will start Sunday at 6:00 p.m. on Goodwin Field.

Christian Maqueda strikes a ballerina pose on a table at CSUF.

CSUF student Christian Maqueda discovered a passion for dance through his involvement with high school color guard

To most, color guard is a spectacle before sporting events, but to Cal State Fullerton junior Christian Maqueda, it’s

Letter to the Editor:The Abrupt Dismissal of Clem Guthro as Dean of the University Library

I address this letter to the members of this university and its governing body with great concern in the