In Baseball, Sports, Top Stories
(Katie Alberston / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball sent the NCAA Fullerton Super Regional to a third game with its 5-2 win over Washington on Saturday.

Just like Friday’s game, the Titans led 2-0 after two innings. However, their control of the game never escaped as they held the Huskies to six hits.

Pitcher Tommy Wilson earned the start for Fullerton. He kept Washington in check in his seven innings pitched, surrendering three hits and forcing 14 flyouts.

Wilson struck out three batters and walked only one.

The Titans offense produced double-digit hits for the second game in a row. First baseman Jake Pavletich, third baseman Brett Borgogno and catcher Daniel Cope logged two hits each while five others finished with one.

Huskies cleanup hitter Joe Wainhouse scored both of Washington’s runs, launching a solo home run in the fourth inning and another in the ninth off of closing pitcher Brett Conine.

Titans head coach Rick Vanderhook will have a tough decision to make as he chooses who he will send out to the mound for Sunday’s game. Andrew Quezada served as CSUF’s Sunday pitcher for most of the season but did not play in any of the three games for the NCAA Stanford Regional.

Tanner Bibee started in his place, throwing a career-high 11 strikeouts in 6.2 innings while giving up five hits and two runs.

Game three of the Fullerton Super Regional will start Sunday at 6:00 p.m. on Goodwin Field.

Illustration of student buying food

California proposing financial aid to food insecure students

The number of food-insecure students has been rising across college campuses throughout the nation due to rising tuition costs

Kanye West raps while three sillhouettes of women labeled with slang look over their shoulder in scorn.

Rappers Kanye West and the late XXXTentacion promote misogyny

It’s a troubling reality that most rappers still have a thriving career. From their seemingly flagrant misogynistic behaviors to

A graphic showing the steps to take in the event of an active shooter

Active shooter drills at Cal State Fullerton

September is National Preparedness Month at Cal State Fullerton, which encompasses everything from fire, earthquake, hurricane and active shooter