In Baseball, Sports, Top Stories
(Katie Alberston / Daily Titan File Photo)

CSUF baseball sent the NCAA Fullerton Super Regional to a third game with its 5-2 win over Washington on Saturday.

Just like Friday’s game, the Titans led 2-0 after two innings. However, their control of the game never escaped as they held the Huskies to six hits.

Pitcher Tommy Wilson earned the start for Fullerton. He kept Washington in check in his seven innings pitched, surrendering three hits and forcing 14 flyouts.

Wilson struck out three batters and walked only one.

The Titans offense produced double-digit hits for the second game in a row. First baseman Jake Pavletich, third baseman Brett Borgogno and catcher Daniel Cope logged two hits each while five others finished with one.

Huskies cleanup hitter Joe Wainhouse scored both of Washington’s runs, launching a solo home run in the fourth inning and another in the ninth off of closing pitcher Brett Conine.

Titans head coach Rick Vanderhook will have a tough decision to make as he chooses who he will send out to the mound for Sunday’s game. Andrew Quezada served as CSUF’s Sunday pitcher for most of the season but did not play in any of the three games for the NCAA Stanford Regional.

Tanner Bibee started in his place, throwing a career-high 11 strikeouts in 6.2 innings while giving up five hits and two runs.

Game three of the Fullerton Super Regional will start Sunday at 6:00 p.m. on Goodwin Field.

The protagonist in Suspiria, Susie, uses hypnosis to make her way into a ballet school.

Review: New thriller ‘Suspiria’ isn’t your typical ballet film

Thom Yorke of Radiohead debuts in his first soundtrack for director Luca Guadagnino’s remake of 'Suspiria' Although this film

Veterans Resource Center’s cuts the ribbon to a new location at their grand opening.

Veterans Resource Center cuts the ribbon to new location

The transition from the military to school wasn’t easy for Student Veterans Association President Amy Thrunson, but with Cal

Front doors of the Hello Kitty Cafe.

The Hello Kitty Cafe brings the Irvine Spectrum to life

Sanrio characters and the smell of baked goods fill the Hello Kitty Grand Cafe, a new feature at the