Second annual All Day ASI brings fun and free food to Titans.

In Lifestyle
Students walk past booths on campus with games and vendors.
(Tanya Castaneda / Daily Titan)

At the second annual All Day ASI event, Titans with colorful umbrella hats, bearing blowup pet animals and smiles on their faces, were creeped on by clowns roaming around the Cal State Fullerton campus. However, instead of being fearful, students were gleeful.

The event took place Wednesday on campus where students and vendors came together to provide students with a fun way to spend time on campus.The event was intended to showcase all of the resources Associated Students has to offer.

Commencing at 7 a.m., the festivities began with Associated Students board of directors handing out free doughnuts to students walking past the Student Recreation Center. The baked goods were distributed and served as a reminder that it was only the kickoff to an all-day event. Soon after, the event moved to the Titan Student Union where game tents, prizes and outside vendors gathered to unite students.

“All of these things here that we’re doing will happen periodically throughout the year. Really, it’s just an event to showcase the services we have and how we plan to serve students in every way possible,” said Dennis Ramos, Associated Students’ graduate student assistant.

Associated Students puts on free events for students and often provides free food and shirts in an effort to create a positive experience for students, said Elizabeth Rizzotto, Associated Students’ production and films member.

“Personally I think it’s important because it definitely shows students that there is more to college than just studying and being stressed out,”Rizzotto said. “ASI is here for the students so we just want them to know that we’re here and we’re thinking of them.”

Representatives from businesses such as Catalina Express, Knott’s Berry Farm, Universal Studios and SeaWorld talked about discounts available to all students. Offers to these services and locations can be redeemed year round in the Titan Student Union according to Carol Elliott, director of sales for Catalina Express.

Members from the Associated Students also served wings for those in line. Behind food tables, a McDonald’s tent overtook the lawn of the Becker Amphitheater, offering students coupons to the most popular items on its menu.

Games, such as ring toss and football toss, were also set up for students. Winners were awarded a selection of prizes including: portable chargers, stickers, notebooks, umbrella hats and blowup animals.

Hannah Fierheller, an Associated Students member working the ring toss tent, said the idea of having these games is a way to bring students together and have fun in between classes.

The final parts of the event included a concert from Parson James, a rhythm and blues and gospel singer, on the Tuffy Lawn and an after-party at the Student Recreation Center.

Although preparations for All Day ASI began early in the summer, it has proven to be a success among Titans, especially for fourth-year biology major Kelsey Nannini.

“It gets students involved,” Nannini said. “It’s a commuter school so I love how they make a lot of activities to get students involved and make it a home around campus instead of just come to school and leave.”

A recycling center for used batteries located in the Titan Student Union.

Cal State Fullerton collects used batteries for recycling

Cal State Fullerton has a system for the collection of batteries, which are processed and then taken to a

How to get your snow during this Californian winter break

Here in Southern California, winter weather mostly consists of gloomy clouds and the occasional rain shower, but with a

Maricsa Segundo holds her daughter, Caroline, at the beach

CSUF student comes out of postpartum depression stronger

Maricsa Secundo, a MAC makeup artist and biology major at Cal State Fullerton, was thrilled to finally find out