CSUF women’s soccer looks for win against Arizona Wildcats

In Sports, Women's Soccer
Two opposing soccer players battle for possession of the ball.
(Riley McDougall / Daily Titan)

Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer looks to continue its success on the field Friday when they play the Arizona Wildcats at Mulcahy Soccer Stadium.

It will be the second game of a four-game road stint for the Titans.

With a 2-0 win over San Jose State University in its last game, Fullerton is now in the midst of a two-game winning streak.

In its last two games, the Titans have outscored their opponents, 5-0.In five of its seven games, CSUF has registered 10 shots or more, leading them to a 3-1-1 record in those games.

They perform well when their offense generates double-digit shots. 

As the team finds success on the field, defender Dani Baldwin has been finding success of her own.

Baldwin has appeared in six games this season, which matches her total games played of the previous two seasons combined. The junior has also scored both of her career goals this season.

But the Titans are up against a tough opponent. The Wildcats have won six straight games and hold a 6-1 record, which has earned them two votes to appear in the United Soccer Coaches top 25 rankings.

They have outscored opponents 19-2 this season, with one of the conceded goals occurring in their season-opening loss to Albany.

According to the NCAA leaderboards, Arizona is 12th in Division 1 with 8.57 goals per game while also owning the 13th-best save percentage at .905.

CSUF will have to find new ways to score as it only averages 1.57 goals per game, which puts them at a disadvantage against this Wildcats squad.

The game will kick-off at 7 p.m. and will be televised on the Pac-12 Network.

How to get your snow during this Californian winter break

Here in Southern California, winter weather mostly consists of gloomy clouds and the occasional rain shower, but with a

Maricsa Segundo holds her daughter, Caroline, at the beach

CSUF student comes out of postpartum depression stronger

Maricsa Secundo, a MAC makeup artist and biology major at Cal State Fullerton, was thrilled to finally find out

piles of trash in the Republic Services facility in Anaheim.

The journey of trash after you throw it away at CSUF

Discarded seat cushions, chemical and detergent bottles, and bags of garbage tower over a bulldozer as it sweeps piles