CSUF women’s soccer looks for win against Arizona Wildcats

In Sports, Women's Soccer
Two opposing soccer players battle for possession of the ball.
(Riley McDougall / Daily Titan)

Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer looks to continue its success on the field Friday when they play the Arizona Wildcats at Mulcahy Soccer Stadium.

It will be the second game of a four-game road stint for the Titans.

With a 2-0 win over San Jose State University in its last game, Fullerton is now in the midst of a two-game winning streak.

In its last two games, the Titans have outscored their opponents, 5-0.In five of its seven games, CSUF has registered 10 shots or more, leading them to a 3-1-1 record in those games.

They perform well when their offense generates double-digit shots. 

As the team finds success on the field, defender Dani Baldwin has been finding success of her own.

Baldwin has appeared in six games this season, which matches her total games played of the previous two seasons combined. The junior has also scored both of her career goals this season.

But the Titans are up against a tough opponent. The Wildcats have won six straight games and hold a 6-1 record, which has earned them two votes to appear in the United Soccer Coaches top 25 rankings.

They have outscored opponents 19-2 this season, with one of the conceded goals occurring in their season-opening loss to Albany.

According to the NCAA leaderboards, Arizona is 12th in Division 1 with 8.57 goals per game while also owning the 13th-best save percentage at .905.

CSUF will have to find new ways to score as it only averages 1.57 goals per game, which puts them at a disadvantage against this Wildcats squad.

The game will kick-off at 7 p.m. and will be televised on the Pac-12 Network.

Two men in the Quad hoisting their banner of Jesus Saves from Hell.

Conflict erupts over Jesus Saves from Hell banner in the Quad

A crowd of students congregated in the Quad to protest two men that came on campus with a banner

The opening page of the GOP Envoy app

Republicans and Democrats are using phone apps to recruit

Three years ago CNN proclaimed the smartphone to be the “new political battleground” in America. Now, congressional candidates in

Cal State Fullerton students arrested for stealing golf cart

A group of Cal State Fullerton students stole an athletics department golf cart from the Kinesiology and Health Science