Editor’s Note

In News

An article about controversial Facebook postings that appeared on page 1 of the Sept. 11, 2018, edition of The Daily Titan has been retracted.

A subject of the article, an Irvine attorney, objected to several facets. In particular, the article incorrectly said that “rice rockets” is slang for people of Asian descent; the Oxford English Dictionary defines it as a disparaging term for an “inexpensive Japanese car that has been modified to give the impression of speed and power.”

Because of editing errors, opinionated comments were inserted into the headline and article without the knowledge of the reporter.

We failed to credit The Orange County Register and ABC News for information used in the article that was first reported by them.

This article and its accompanying graphic did not meet the journalistic standards of The Daily Titan and should not have been published. This note will appear on dailytitan.com, and the article will be removed.

A spread of fresh vegetables: strawberries, peppers, carrots, cilantro, and an apple.

Devil’s Advocate: Significant change begins with vegetarianism

Maintaining a vegetarian diet is better for the environment, people’s health and a more ethical way to live, even

The empty lot of city land that could be the potential new home for the Pathways of Hope Keystone Project.

Pathways of Hope proposes Keystone project to city council to reduce homelessness in OC

Pathways of Hope, a local nonprofit organization, has created the Keystone project in an effort to combat homelessness specifically

Joanne Ferchland-Parella one of three finalists for associate vice president position

Joanne Ferchland-Parella is one of three finalists for the open position of associate vice president for University Advancement —