Editor’s Note

In News
Favicon

An article about controversial Facebook postings that appeared on page 1 of the Sept. 11, 2018, edition of The Daily Titan has been retracted.

A subject of the article, an Irvine attorney, objected to several facets. In particular, the article incorrectly said that “rice rockets” is slang for people of Asian descent; the Oxford English Dictionary defines it as a disparaging term for an “inexpensive Japanese car that has been modified to give the impression of speed and power.”

Because of editing errors, opinionated comments were inserted into the headline and article without the knowledge of the reporter.

We failed to credit The Orange County Register and ABC News for information used in the article that was first reported by them.

This article and its accompanying graphic did not meet the journalistic standards of The Daily Titan and should not have been published. This note will appear on dailytitan.com, and the article will be removed.

The protagonist in Suspiria, Susie, uses hypnosis to make her way into a ballet school.

Review: New thriller ‘Suspiria’ isn’t your typical ballet film

Thom Yorke of Radiohead debuts in his first soundtrack for director Luca Guadagnino’s remake of 'Suspiria' Although this film

Veterans Resource Center’s cuts the ribbon to a new location at their grand opening.

Veterans Resource Center cuts the ribbon to new location

The transition from the military to school wasn’t easy for Student Veterans Association President Amy Thrunson, but with Cal

Front doors of the Hello Kitty Cafe.

The Hello Kitty Cafe brings the Irvine Spectrum to life

Sanrio characters and the smell of baked goods fill the Hello Kitty Grand Cafe, a new feature at the