Editor’s Note

In News

An article about controversial Facebook postings that appeared on page 1 of the Sept. 11, 2018, edition of The Daily Titan has been retracted.

A subject of the article, an Irvine attorney, objected to several facets. In particular, the article incorrectly said that “rice rockets” is slang for people of Asian descent; the Oxford English Dictionary defines it as a disparaging term for an “inexpensive Japanese car that has been modified to give the impression of speed and power.”

Because of editing errors, opinionated comments were inserted into the headline and article without the knowledge of the reporter.

We failed to credit The Orange County Register and ABC News for information used in the article that was first reported by them.

This article and its accompanying graphic did not meet the journalistic standards of The Daily Titan and should not have been published. This note will appear on dailytitan.com, and the article will be removed.

Graph depicting full time equivalent students enrollment at different CSU's

Cal State Fullerton ranks lowest in funding per student in the CSU system

Cal State Fullerton receives the lowest funding per student in the CSU system and has the most enrolled students

Graph showing a decrease in crime statistics

CSUF releases Annual Security Report under Clery Act showing 2017 crime rates

Cal State Fullerton and several other local CSUs have released their 2017 Annual Security Report as mandated by the

Gayle Brunelle addresses her concerns with executive order 1100 at academic senate meeting thursday

General education requirements in CSU system could create faculty layoffs

Chancellor Timothy P. White issued an executive order in August 2017 requiring colleges in the CSU system to change