Editor’s Note

In News
Favicon

An article about controversial Facebook postings that appeared on page 1 of the Sept. 11, 2018, edition of The Daily Titan has been retracted.

A subject of the article, an Irvine attorney, objected to several facets. In particular, the article incorrectly said that “rice rockets” is slang for people of Asian descent; the Oxford English Dictionary defines it as a disparaging term for an “inexpensive Japanese car that has been modified to give the impression of speed and power.”

Because of editing errors, opinionated comments were inserted into the headline and article without the knowledge of the reporter.

We failed to credit The Orange County Register and ABC News for information used in the article that was first reported by them.

This article and its accompanying graphic did not meet the journalistic standards of The Daily Titan and should not have been published. This note will appear on dailytitan.com, and the article will be removed.

Exterior shot of the CSUF emblem

Cal State Universities work to improve sustainability efforts

Sustainability is becoming more important to all Cal State Universities as each university has agreed to comply with specific

Where CSUF’s water comes from and how it’s maintained

Cal State Fullerton’s water supply comes from the city of Fullerton, which gets its water from the Metropolitan Water

Cal State Fullerton’s commuter culture negatively impacts air quality on campus

Commuter behavior poses a threat to Cal State Fullerton’s ability to meet air quality pollution standards set by the