CSUF men’s soccer looks for first conference win of the season

Edward Salazar defending
(Natalie Medeiros / Daily Titan)

CSUF men’s soccer will host Cal Poly San Luis Obispo this Wednesday at Titan Stadium.

The Titans (4-3-6) have yet to win a conference game this season, currently sitting at 0-1-1 in Big West play. Fullerton has played better offensively on its home field with 11 of its 17 goals coming at Titan Stadium this season.

The Titans average 1.83 goals a game at home as compared to their 0.83 average on the road.

They have scored in every game at home this season but have been shutout four times on the road thus far.

Cal Poly SLO (4-5-2) holds the lowest winning percentage in the Big West (.455). Cal Poly heads to Fullerton following a double-overtime loss to UC Riverside.

The Mustangs have struggled on the road, with a 1-3-2 record away from Alex G. Spanos Stadium.

Offense has been the Mustangs’ biggest flaw in road games; they have been shutout in half of their road games and have only scored three goals in those six games.

Fullerton has a 14-4 all-time record at home when facing Cal Poly and have not lost a game to the Mustangs since 2012. In the six games since that loss, the Titans have outscored the Mustangs, 9-2.

This season Titans forward Samuel Goni currently leads the team in scoring with four goals. The Titans are 2-1-1 this season when Goni puts the ball in the net.

Despite starting the first ten games of the season, Goni has not started in the last four. In the four games Goni came off the bench, he has scored two goals. 

Goni’s four goals ranks seventh in the Big West.

This season Sean Goode leads the Mustangs in scoring with four goals. Two of Goode’s four goals have come on the road.

In games that Goode has scored, the Mustangs are 2-2.

The Titans 1.31 goals a game average ranks sixth in the Big West, while the Mustangs sit at the bottom of the conference with a 1.09 goals per game average.

Wednesday’s game will start at 7 p.m.

Two men in the Quad hoisting their banner of Jesus Saves from Hell.

Conflict erupts over Jesus Saves from Hell banner in the Quad

A crowd of students congregated in the Quad to protest two men that came on campus with a banner

The opening page of the GOP Envoy app

Republicans and Democrats are using phone apps to recruit

Three years ago CNN proclaimed the smartphone to be the “new political battleground” in America. Now, congressional candidates in

Cal State Fullerton students arrested for stealing golf cart

A group of Cal State Fullerton students stole an athletics department golf cart from the Kinesiology and Health Science