CSUF women’s soccer faces UC Davis in fourth conference game

In Sports, Women's Soccer
CSUF women's soccer and forward Taylor Salgado powers through UC Riverside's defense during their matchup on Sept. 30.
(Riley McDougall / Daily Titan file photo)

The CSUF women’s soccer team (3-9-2) travels to Northern California to face UC Davis tomorrow night before taking an eight-day break from conference play.

After starting conference play with a draw against Long Beach State, the Titans have lost two straight games and haven’t claimed a victory within the Big West.

“Right now any type of success is extremely important. Through the course of the week in training we have been trying to build success into our session so that our women are feeling that success at the end of training and take that type of feeling into the match against UC Davis,” said head coach Demian Brown.

UC Davis is returning from a four-game road trip, including its most recent visit to the University of Hawaii. Sporting a 4-7-2 overall record and a 1-2-0 record during conference, the Aggies are also looking to climb the ladder in conference play.

Starting midfielder Nano Oronoz leads the Titans in goals with five in her fourth year with the team. After playing almost every position on the field during her time at Cal State Fullerton, Oronoz said she feels her veteran presence has helped some of the younger players on the field.

“Being able to come out my senior year with an idea of what to do and when to do it, and to be able to help all the new girls with the team has helped a lot. Being able to reach out to everyone and tell them what to do in each situation has also helped this season,” Oronoz said.

Currently sixth in the conference in scoring, Oronoz thinks rest for the team after the trip to UC Davis will be beneficial, especially with injuries stacking up already.

“Rest is very huge for us right now. Having some time to just recoup and get our bodies ready is really important,” Oronoz said.

Two men in the Quad hoisting their banner of Jesus Saves from Hell.

Conflict erupts over Jesus Saves from Hell banner in the Quad

A crowd of students congregated in the Quad to protest two men that came on campus with a banner

The opening page of the GOP Envoy app

Republicans and Democrats are using phone apps to recruit

Three years ago CNN proclaimed the smartphone to be the “new political battleground” in America. Now, congressional candidates in

Cal State Fullerton students arrested for stealing golf cart

A group of Cal State Fullerton students stole an athletics department golf cart from the Kinesiology and Health Science