Cal State Fullerton volleyball hosts Cal State Northridge and Long Beach State

In Sports, Women's Volleyball
Felicia Marshall and Summer Kerins blocking
(Taylor Arthur / Daily Titan)

Cal State Fullerton volleyball has two chances to snap its 18-game losing streak this weekend as it takes on Cal State Northridge and Long Beach State in Titan Gym.

The Titans (6-19, 0-12) are in the midst of a five-game homestand, where two of their six wins have come. The Matadors (7-18, 3-10) have a 2-7 record on the road this season.

Northridge comes to Fullerton after losing to Hawaii in three sets during senior night. The Matadors have lost seven of their last eight games.

They have also lost their last eight road games.

Outside hitter Aeryn Owens leads Northridge in kills (400) and kills per set (4.17), which puts her in third and fourth overall in the Big West conference. Libero Kristey Markle has the sixth most digs in the conference with 363.

Fullerton has the fewest total kills, blocks and points in the Big West. The team closest to the Titans in points is Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, who has 255 more points scored.

Long Beach State leads the conference in many categories, including kills, assists, blocks and points. However, they only average the fifth most points per set at 16.2.

The 49ers have lost their last four games. Before they travel to Fullerton, they will take on UC Riverside, who has a 3-9 record in conference.

Outside hitter Emma Kirst ranks second in the Big West in blocks per set with 1.08. Middle blocker Yizhi Xue has the fourth highest overall hitting percentage at .325.

Friday’s contest against Northridge will start at 8 p.m. and Saturday’s match against Long Beach State will begin at 7 p.m.