CSUF men’s basketball hosts Cal Lutheran in homecoming game

In Men's Basketball, Sports
Kyle Allman shoots a free throw
(Jessica Ruiz / Daily Titan)

CSUF men’s basketball will host Cal Lutheran University on Saturday for the second game of Homecoming 2018.

The Titans (2-5) finished their five-game road trip with one win against Monmouth. Guard Khalil Ahmad scored a career-high 40 points in that contest.

The Kingsmen (2-2) lost their last game against Pacific University in Oregon. Guard Austin Cole was two points away from his career high, scoring 34 points while adding 13 rebounds and four assists.

Both teams played last season for Fullerton’s homecoming game as well. CSUF won that game 86-58.

Guard Kyle Allman scored 22 points and forward Jackson Rowe added 15 points.

Through their first seven games, the Titans are averaging 78.7 points per game. Allman and Ahmad are responsible for 40.5 of that total.

Allman’s 39.5 3-point percentage ranks marginally better than his field goal percentage, which is 39.4.

Rowe is the third leading scorer on the team at 11.2 points per game. He’s also collecting seven rebounds and 1.5 blocks per game, which lead the team.

His 1.2 steals per game trail only Ahmad, who’s averaging 2.6 per game.

The Kingsmen are shooting 52.5 percent from the floor and 41.6 percent from behind the arc as a team. Cole and guard Kyle Ferreira lead the team in points per game at 20.5 each.  

A common theme in Fullerton losses is rebounding. In four of its five losses, they have grabbed an average of 10.75 fewer rebounds than the opponent.

The Titans’ only loss where they rebounded more than their opponent was against Wake Forest. CSUF had 41 rebounds while the Demon Deacons had 37.

While Cal Lutheran averages more rebounds per game than CSUF, the Kingsmen don’t have a player on their team taller than 6 feet, 7 inches. This may become an area for concern as the Titans have five players at that height or above.

Saturday’s game will start at 6 p.m. at Titan Gym.

The nightlife in Dotonbori features fluorescent lights, street food vendors and local bars.

Column: Two brothers reunited in Japan

When I woke from my nap, my body was still strapped to the coffin-like dimensions of my seat. The

A photo of transfer student Julian Serrano in front of Cal State Fullerton sign.

Column: From a Mt. San Antonio Mountie to a CSUF Titan

At the age of 17 I began my first semester at Mt. San Antonio College. I recall feeling overwhelmed

A photo of visitors at the Shwedagon Pagoda.

Column: A glimpse into Myanmar culture

California may be the Golden State, but about 7,785 miles across the Pacific Ocean is the “Golden Land” of