CSUF alumnus shares ‘Ralph Breaks the Internet’ artwork

In Lifestyle
Disney animator Andrew Feliciano, talking about his role in making "Ralph Breaks the Internet."
(Andre Salazar / Daily Titan)

Walt Disney animator and Cal State Fullerton alumnus Andrew Feliciano visited campus on Nov. 13 to give a lively presentation of the work he did for “Ralph Breaks the Internet.”  

Feliciano gave some insight into his relationship with Disney and some of the things Disney has to offer aspiring animators. He also mentioned the premise of the film and described the use of the internet in the movie’s plot.

Students were able to get a glimpse at behind-the-scenes footage of Feliciano’s process in animation, new characters in the franchise and clips from the film.

“I got an email about ‘Wreck It Ralph’ and I was like ‘Oh, I want to see that’ and so I came and it was actually pretty good. It was bits and pieces of the movie but just learning about the animation behind it was really amazing,” said Kara Weber, a communication disorders major.

Students from the class called CTVA 102: Inside the Movies attended the event to partake in a Q&A session with Feliciano. Professor Mike Dillon, who teaches CTVA 102, was responsible for putting the presentation together.

“I partner with Disney on a lot of things including promotional screenings and giveaways. For the last three years, we’ve been doing this sort of thing with whatever their fall release is,” Dillon said.

Communications majors receive emails that let them know about advanced screenings because Dillon works directly with studios. He said it gives students the chance to go to promotional screenings or meet filmmakers.

Feliciano, who graduated from CSUF in 2007, has been at Disney for almost five years, working on projects like “Moana,” “Big Hero 6” and the short “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.”

He mentioned how Disney was a significant part of his childhood, naming films like “Aladdin” and “Jungle Book” as some of his favorite movies and even showing old drawings of Disney characters he had made.

Feliciano also reflected on his experience coming back to CSUF to present his work.

“I was so excited to come back here; I’m always excited coming back to Cal State Fullerton. I think they gave me all of the tools that were necessary to move into my career.”

This is a photo of a girl who is talking in a microphone to an audience.

Purple Tea Party fundraiser raises awareness on epilepsy

With a personal connection to epilepsy, the current high school Miss California, Grace Edwards, created Talent for Epilepsy, a