CSUF men’s basketball heads to the University of San Francisco

In Men's Basketball, Sports
CSUF men's basketball guard Khalil Ahmad dunks on the competition during the Titans game.
Guard Khalil Ahmad dunks on the competition during CSUF Men's basketball game (Jessica Ruiz / Daily Titan).

The early stages of the 2018-19 season for the CSUF men’s basketball team has been a mixed bag. The Titans have yet to gain a winning momentum in the 10 games they’ve played and the University of San Francisco won’t make it easier for the Titans on Sunday. 

Fullerton’s losing record (3-7) has them in sixth place in the Big West conference and in the three games they’ve won, the Titans have outscored opponents 292-176.

The lead scorers for the Titans, senior guards Kyle Allman and Khalil Ahmad are tied for first on the team for an average of 18.8 points per game. Fullerton is averaging 76.5 points per game, which is less than its winning scores.

The duo of Allman and Ahmad has contributed to the success the Titans have experienced so far. Although Ahmad is averaging fewer minutes than Allman, their numbers this season keep each in a similar race to the top of the stat sheet. Allman’s 3-point percentage of 37.3 narrowly beats out Ahmad’s 36.8.

In Fullerton’s last two games, Ahmad has struggled in scoring with a combined 19 points. During a matchup against Cal Lutheran on Dec. 1, Ahmad had his third best scoring game of the season with 29 points.

On the other side of the court, the San Francisco Dons are in third place (8-1) in the West Coast Conference.

Sophomore guard Charles Minlend has kept the Dons in a tight race for first place in the conference with 14.4 points per game.

In their recent win against the University of California, Berkeley, Minlend led the Dons with 17 points to restart their win streak after their loss to the University of Buffalo snapped their seven-game win streak which started the season.

Tipoff is at 1 p.m. Sunday at the War Memorial Gym.

The nightlife in Dotonbori features fluorescent lights, street food vendors and local bars.

Column: Two brothers reunited in Japan

When I woke from my nap, my body was still strapped to the coffin-like dimensions of my seat. The

A photo of transfer student Julian Serrano in front of Cal State Fullerton sign.

Column: From a Mt. San Antonio Mountie to a CSUF Titan

At the age of 17 I began my first semester at Mt. San Antonio College. I recall feeling overwhelmed

A photo of visitors at the Shwedagon Pagoda.

Column: A glimpse into Myanmar culture

California may be the Golden State, but about 7,785 miles across the Pacific Ocean is the “Golden Land” of