Representative Gil Cisneros hosts open house at Fullerton home office

In Local News, News, Top Stories

Congressman Gil Cisneros, the Democrat representative of the 39th District opened his first home office in Fullerton this past Saturday, hosting an open house for the community to come ask questions and meet his staff.

The office is located at 1440 N. Harbor Blvd., and was created with the goal of providing a central location in the district according to Daphne Sigala, Cisneros’ District Scheduler and Director of Operations.

“Fullerton’s dear to our heart, CSUF we’ve done so much for them and they’ve done so much for us, so we wanted to be nearby,” Sigala said. “When we were trying to figure out where we wanted to be, we knew Royce was in Brea, and the congressman wanted a whole new start.”  

Members from both the Washington D.C. and local offices were at the event, as well as Cisneros, who welcomed interest groups, donors and voters up to the office, before he officially cut the ribbon to his new office.

“It’s exciting for so many people get to come and see what is their office. I’m just holding the seat, but this office belongs to the constituents of the 39th, and I’m excited so many people have come to check it out and know where we’re going to be,” Cisneros said.

City council member Ahmad Zahra was also at the ceremony.

“Our mayor wasn’t available to come, so I decided to come and greet him to Fullerton,” Zahra said. “This is a good way of starting good collaborations with Fullerton as a centralized location. (Cisneros) can serve the entire district from here.”

The Orange County Employees Association hosted a barbecue in the picnic area outside, where after a brief introduction from Zahra, Cisneros gave a speech to the crowd criticizing the Trump administration, a staple of his campaign.

“We’re not going to let him create these illusions, these falsehoods just to kind of distract from other things that he has going on,” Cisneros said. “He’s creating these distractions to just try and take our mind off of these things, but we’re going to stand up to the president. That’s why you sent me there.”

Volunteers were also at the gathering downstairs, attempting to secure signatures and pledges to help volunteer in the congressman’s 2020 campaign, which he mentioned in his speech at the party.

“It feels like we just finished this right? We just finished an election but now here we go again,” Cisneros said. “March 2020 is the primary, that’s just over a year away. I need all of you that pitched in and helped out in 2018, I need you to do it again in 2020, because 2020 is going to be a big year.”

Cisneros also made it clear that he plans to open another office in Los Angeles County some time in the next several months.

“We’re working out a location right now, we’ve picked out a location in Diamond Bar,” Cisneros said. “With any office, the House Legal Team has to look through the lease, so we’re going through that process right now, but we’re hoping to have that done quickly and have it open as well.”

CSUF and CSUB tip off from Titan Gym.

Titans’ second half surge not enough in first round of CIT

The chapter of Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball, where the backcourt duo of Kyle Allman Jr. and Khalil Ahmad

Multilevel marketing (MLM) is a terrible business model that can harm vulnerable individuals and communities that don’t know the