Sales Leadership Center hosts career fair at Marriott Hotel

The Cal State Fullerton Sales Leadership Center hosted a career fair at the Marriott Hotel, which offered full-time jobs and paid internships. Students were able to take advantage of networking with hiring sales recruiters.

This event was hosted at the Marriott Hotel on the corner of Folino and Nutwood, directly across the street from CSUF.

The first 25 students who entered the event were able to receive a leather pad planner from the Sales Leadership Center. Other incentives, such as completing a stamp card, were provided to motivate students to engage with different businesses and with each other.

If a student received a stamp from each booth, they were entered into a giveaway for a mystery prize.

Although this event was tailored towards business students who want to go into sales, the center encouraged other majors to connect with a variety of businesses.

“It’s going good. It’s definitely a lot higher volume than the fall. We have a lot of companies recruiting, so it’s nice,” said Kayla Schneller, a full-time administrative assistant for the Sales Leadership Center.

Although the Sales Leadership Center hosts this event every semester, factors such as students graduating and possibly looking for summer internships make the spring career fairs more successful than the fall.

Anthony Gomez, a human resources major, took advantage of this opportunity.

Gomez said that although he is not going into sales, he still wanted to use this chance to connect with human resources representatives.

“I think it’s great. I really like that Fullerton is offering that to our students. It gives me a good look at them. I’m seeing a lot of different friends here as well, so it’s really good to be in a room full of energy of people really wanting to make a name out of themselves,” Gomez said.

There was a wide selection of businesses present at the career fair, including popular brands like Verizon, Pepsi, Nationwide and Target. A total of 30 company recruiters came out today to connect with students interested in seeking future full-time opportunities or paid summer internships.

Ezequiel Pena, a third year sales major, appreciated this event, as it was geared towards the field of work he would like to go into. Pena shared that he was thrilled with the variety of businesses that he was able to connect with.

“(The event) brought a lot of good companies, they brought a lot of their corporate sponsors. Every person had really good things to say about the company, so it’s going to be difficult making choices for internships this summer,” Pena said.

The Sales Leadership Center hopes that students will take advantage of their free resources outside of the career fairs, Schneller said.

Schneller said that this resource center is more than just pushing careers in sales; they also work on personal development and assist in boosting career opportunities.

“We’re open to all students on campus. Even some alumni have received our resources, so you just have to be a student who wants some resources,”Schneller said.

The Sales Leadership Center is located in Steven G. Mihaylo Hall, and is open from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Crime Log: Stalking, false fire alarm and speeding contest

Cal State Fullerton University Police responded to various crime calls during the month of March, ranging from speeding contests,

Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) is a terrible business model that can harm vulnerable individuals and communities that don’t know the