OC ramen photo

Kopan Sushi & Ramen Bar specializes in Tonkotsu Ramen with 12 locations in Southern California. The Fullerton restaurant is located at 141 E. Commonwealth Ave. (Jonathan Gonzalez / Daily Titan)

The powerful duo creamy broth and chewy noodles is a comfort meal that encapsulates a warm hug on days when you need it the most. Ramen is a traditional Japanese dish loved by many served in a flavorful broth with thick or thin noodles adorned in toppings, such as a slice of pork, a soft-boiled egg and scallions.  

Orange County is  home to many popular ramen hot spots. Here are five ramen locations in neighboring cities of Fullerton.

HiroNori Craft Ramen

HiroNori Craft Ramen is a popular ramen spot with 10 locations throughout California, three of which are in Orange County. This restaurant continues to grow as a franchise due to its authentic ramen noodles, stock and sauce. HiroNori Craft Ramen serves Tonkotsu ramen, Shoyu ramen and Vegan ramen. HiroNori is a perfect place to start if you have yet to try ramen.

HiroNori is located at 765 The City Dr., Orange.

Kopan Sushi & Ramen Bar

Kopan Ramen is named after traditional Tonkotsu ramen, which is also this restaurant’s specialty. This type of ramen is cooked by searing pork over a flame for 16 hours to create a flavorful broth.

This ramen spot is ideal for a casual or romantic ramen date. Kopan Sushi & Ramen Bar is located at 141 E. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton.

Ramen and Tsukumen TAO

Owner and chef Toshimasa Sano opened Ramen and Tsukumen TAO after ten years of training in Tokyo. His years of training inspired him to expand the dish to America where he now specializes in serving miso ramen and miso tsukemen. These types of broth take 40 hours to prepare and are paired with selected noodles, such as kobayashi seimen.

Some of the most popular dishes on chef Toshimasa’s menu include the red miso ramen, spicy miso tsukemen, spicy white miso samen and the cold dan dan noodle. Ramen and Tsukumen TAO is located at 10488 Valley View St., Buena Park.

Ramen Mura

Ramen Mura has a clear goal in mind: to serve authentic Japanese ramen with a healthy spin. Since the traditional broth in ramen is typically high in sodium and saturated fats, the chefs at this location have found a way to make the traditional Japanese Tonkatsu lighter and healthier.

The habanero miso ramen, black ramen and yasai ramen are exceptional stand-outs of Ramen Mura. Look no further than Ramen Mura for those who need to fulfill their craving but need a healthy alternative. You can find Ramen Mura at 130 S. Main St., Orange.

What’s Up Japanese Noodle

What’s Up is an authentic Japanese ramen restaurant located in Fullerton and within walking distance of campus. Students can grab a hot bowl of the most popular dishes, such as the Aka or Kuro ramen after class with a friend or solo.

What’s Up is located at 512 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton in the plaza  next to Pieology.