Horror Hubbies Art

(Photo Illustration by Darius Johari)

Halloween season tends to always make us bust out our favorite spooky movies to binge over delicious popcorn and other sweet treats. While a fun jump scare may be one of the reasons why we love watching horror movies, there’s actually another reason we tend to dismiss: boyfriend material bad guys!

Villains in horror films have the most depth and can even evoke sympathy, and there have been dozens of celebrated horror villains throughout the genre’s long history that are charismatic and can definitely defend you from other — worse —  bad guys. So without further ado, here are the top five swoon worthy horror movie villains.

Michael Myers from “Halloween”

“Halloween” is often considered to be the most influential horror film of all-time, and it features perhaps the most iconic slasher villain to date – Michael Myers. He is described as “pure evil” and has a terrifying on-screen presence, but in the boyfriend checklist, Michael is gold stars all the way.

Standing at 6-foot-3-inches, Myers towers over most people, which means he can totally help when you’re shopping and need to reach the items on the top shelf. Furthermore, he does not speak, which means he most likely won’t say something dumb and offensive which could lead into a fight between you two. To top it all off, he possesses what most would describe as superhuman strength, therefore, he can definitely take on all the boogeymen, catcallers, bullies and other undesirable characters around you.

Myers also gets bonus points for his crafty kitchen knife skills. He most definitely seems like someone who knows a thing or two when it comes to slicing up a delicious meal in the kitchen. That can probably lead to a cute activity you both can partake in as a date idea.

Leatherface from “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre”

Who doesn’t want a family-oriented man who dresses well and helps out with chores? Leatherface is the winner when it comes to impeccable taste in clothes — he wears suit and tie while he’s out doing what he loves and at home and he wears a cute apron when doing his chores and helping out in the kitchen, which is a totally adorable sight.

Furthermore, he has a very tight-knit family and they partake in various activities together. He is such a reliable man who often helps out in the family business. 

Leatherface also has a creative side. He dabbles in arts and crafts, so he will most likely give you homemade gifts on special occasions like your anniversary or birthday. Once you have children, he’ll definitely help make artistic masks and costumes for the kids, what more can a girl ask for?

Jason Voorhees from “Friday the 13th”

If you love the outdoors and going camping, Jason is the guy you want to bring along. He is rough around the edges, but in an adorable way. He might be the epitome of a “sad boi,” but he is such a charmer that you will probably let it slide.

Jason is also a big sports fan, especially hockey, so if you’re into that sort of thing, he’ll probably take you to an NHL game for a first date.

Staying young and keeping healthy is probably on everybody’s mind most of the time, and if you’re the type who obsesses over this, Jason knows the secret to immortality very well.

Hannibal Lecter from “The Silence of the Lambs”

Oh la la to one of the most intelligent and sophisticated men in the horror realm. Hannibal Lecter is an established forensic psychiatrist, which means he most definitely won’t be a couch potato boyfriend who is dependent on your financial success. 

Hannibal gets bonus points as he is not shy when it comes to cooking. Yes, he is a cannibal, but look at the brightside, Hannibal is a culinary master who can whip up a classy dinner for a cute date.

One thing to be wary about with him is that he could be a bit manipulative and calculating, so fights with him will always include mind games. Just try your best to see the good side though, he loves you so deeply that he will most definitely exact revenge on those who hurt you.

Norman Bates from “Psycho”

Norman is the “boy next door” type of boyfriend. As a businessman, he owns a quaint motel and for some reason, business is always doing well. Norman is also a visionary and he expresses his creativity through taxidermy. This is a fun hobby of his and he will probably make this as a date option for the both of you.

His love language is most likely giving gifts, and because his fashion taste is pretty exquisite, he will most likely end up buying you luxurious items as presents. The downside though is that he might end up critiquing your outfits and saying something along the lines that he can wear your clothes better than you. If you can let that go, he’s perfect. 

Norman is also a mama’s boy, so if you two are having problems, his mother will definitely know about it. But, you can ignore that small red flag because Norman is the doting type so you will definitely feel cared for and loved to death.