Events illustration

Cal State Fullerton offers in-person and virtual events for the university community. (Camila Vallejo / Daily Titan)

The first week of May brings many events to Cal State Fullerton. It concludes the final weeks of the spring semester with many last chances for students to participate before commencement and summer starts.

ASI Farmers’ Market

Students can enjoy the fresh smells and tastes before the final two weeks of the semester. They are located on the East Plaza of the Titan Student Union every Tuesday. The Associated Students’ farmers’ market brings local vendors selling fresh produce and specialty foods to grab a bite between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.

University Band and Pacific Brass Ensemble

Conducted by Dustin Barr, attend an evening of instrumental music at Meng Concert Hall as the school of music presents a symphony of sound from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Tickets can be purchased by students and the public online and at the Clayes Performing Arts Center box office on campus.

May Plant Sale

Students can get an early start to Mother’s Day celebrations at the Fullerton Arboretum’s May plant sale which begins on May 6, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. The early sale is available for arboretum members and Titan cardholders only. General sale and attendees' entrance begins on May 7 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

The arboretum will also host a book signing by the children's author Susanne Strauss on May 6 from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., and May 7, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Fullerton Jazz Orchestra

The Fullerton Jazz Orchestra will feature trumpeter Terell Stafford and director Bill Cunliffe at the Meng Concert Hall on May 6 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. with a night of improvisational music.

Tickets are on sale online and can be purchased at the box office located at the Clayes Performing Arts Center.

ASI Spring Concert

The long anticipated ASI Spring Concert returns in person after its halt due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It will kick off on May 7 from 4 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. at the CSUF Intramural Fields.

The spring concert will feature headlining artists such Miguel and outdoor activities and vendors for an evening of fun. Tickets can be purchased at the TSU or online.