Graduation Photo

Cal State Fullerton will host multiple in-person graduation ceremonies from June 12 - 15. (Daily Titan)

On Thursday, Cal State Fullerton announced in an email that 2020 and 2021 graduates can bring two guests to the in-person commencement ceremonies taking place from June 12-15.

“Your two guests will accompany you as you line up to cross the stage, and they will have a front-row view of you receiving your hard-earned and much-deserved Titan degree,” the email read.

CSUF previously announced that the in-person commencement ceremonies will be a graduate-only stage walk with live-stream availabilities for loved ones to watch from home.

Current students will have access to register for tickets through their student portal, while 2020 graduates will receive a direct link to register and request their tickets. Students can register for these tickets from April 22 through May 14.

According to the commencement site, guests will be able to stay with the graduate for the experience until they walk the stage, then they will get to stand in the front row at a viewing area.

In an email to the Daily Titan, Rebekah Sterns, a graduating psychology major, said she is happy that there is an option to bring two guests, but wished CSUF made its announcement sooner.

Sterns said that as she read comments online, she was sad to hear that people have to choose between who to bring.

“My parents have the ability to go down to San Diego for my sister's then going up to mine, which solves the two guest rule for us, but I know for others it's more complicated,” Sterns said.

With the new guest update, the guest participation rules listed on the website state that tickets must be claimed by graduates through the Marching Order registration portal and they can be scanned from a smartphone or printed for the day of the event. Masks are to be worn and social distancing will be required at all times.

Commencement will be a standing-only event, and guests and graduates could be standing for as long as two to three hours, according to the commencement website. Once the graduates walk, they are able to leave the campus in order to stay within occupancy restrictions.

Jacqueline Snegg, a graduating health science major, said in an email to the Daily Titan that she will be participating in the in-person festivities as she wants to get the most of the opportunities granted at this time.

Snegg said she looks at it as a safe way to celebrate four years of hard work, and something to look forward to after a year of remote learning.

“I feel as though the CSUF community has helped shape me into a responsible, driven and informed adult. I cannot wait to walk across the stage with my peers in honor of our accomplishments,” Snegg said.

Snegg said she is thankful for the opportunity to not only walk and create one more happy memory at Fullerton, but also that she gets to share it with her parents.

“My parents have been my biggest supporter throughout my experience at CSUF and it will be so special for all of us to be together for this milestone,” Snegg said.

The Titan Commencement Team will send out informational emails in the upcoming weeks on how students can register their guests and any protocol updates to ensure full health and safety compliance.