Campus Sign

Cal State Fullerton continues to create events for the university community in person. (Eliza Green/ Daily Titan)

A male in his late 40s, responsible for indecent exposure on Nov. 2, has yet to be located, according to a crime bulletin sent on Nov. 4 by the Cal State Fullerton University Police Department

An email sent by the University Police to the campus community states that the individual, who was in a cube-shaped royal blue passenger car, exposed himself to a passerby student before driving away toward Chapman Avenue.

The car was parked on Commonwealth Avenue, perpendicular to Nutwood Avenue, near the Hope International University parking lot. The incident occurred sometime between 11:57 a.m. and 12 p.m. according to the bulletin.

Capt. Scot Willey, said that officers are working closely with Hope International University to figure out the individual’s identity through camera footage captured by both universities. However, he said due to the high amount of activity in the area during the incident and the amount of footage that must be sifted through, the department is counting on witnesses to share information to speed up the investigation.

“This hasn't really been something that we've seen in the last couple of years, so we take it very seriously,” Willey said. “We do hope that we get some good leads that we can follow up on.”

Willey said the student who witnessed the exposure has been referred to the health and wellness services that CSUF offers, which is the standard protocol for the police department. They will periodically check in with the student and see how they are recovering, Willey said.

In the meantime, Willey said that students should remain vigilant and contact the authorities if either the car or the individual are spotted.

“If anybody does happen to see that vehicle or something similar, or if they see the same type of activity, please call 911,” Willey said. “That number will go directly to our police dispatchers and our officers will respond to that area immediately.”

Any students who have any knowledge of the perpetrator or were present at the scene that day are urged to contact Detective Sergeant Jeff Launi at (657) 278-2903, as the investigation is still ongoing any tips are greatly appreciated.