CDC building

(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)

With a recorded 232 million vaccinations in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released less restrictive policies for those fully vaccinated, allowing them to go outdoors without a mask.

A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their single-dose vaccine or second dose in a two-dose vaccine, according to the CDC.

The guidelines for fully vaccinated people state that those who have received both doses can gather indoors amongst each other without masks or social distancing, as well as being able to gather with unvaccinated people.

The CDC still recommends not gathering with high-risk people or those who live with someone high-risk and have not received the vaccine.

The regulations for travel have also been updated for those who are fully vaccinated. A COVID-19 test will not be required prior to or after travel, and travelers will not need to self quarantine.

According to the CDC, those traveling internationally will need to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test or proof of recovery before traveling back to the United States. The test should be completed three to five days after traveling internationally.

Additionally, if there is COVID-19 exposure to a fully vaccinated person, they will not need to isolate themselves nor be tested.

Those who are not fully vaccinated should still be taking all precautions, such as wearing a mask, social distancing and avoiding large crowds or indoor spaces.

California has administered 28,125,915 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, with 45.6% of Californians receiving at least one dose of the vaccine.

The CDC recommends considering how COVID-19 is spreading in the community when deciding on activities to participate in.

With the increase in vaccinations, counties in California could see its cities reopening soon.

At a press conference on April 6, Gov. Gavin Newsom said that California has the lowest COVID-19 positivity rate in the United States. He said that the state plans to fully reopen on June 15, moving away from the current four-tier system in place.

Orange County remains in the orange tier, the moderate tier of California's Blueprint for a Safer Economy, the second-lowest tier. The yellow tier is the lowest restrictive tier, with the threshold being two positive cases per 100,000 people.

Currently, Orange County has a rate of 1.4% positive tests for COVID-19, but with 2.6 new cases per 100,000 people, the county does not qualify to move to the least restrictive tier yet.

Orange County has 253,664 positive COVID-19 cases to date, with 4,939 deaths.

Los Angeles County has met the threshold to move into the yellow tier, but currently remains in the orange tier.