Fullerton City Council

Nick Dunlap and Fred Jung set to join the Fullerton City Council with sitting Councilman Bruce Whitaker after election results. (Eliza Green / Daily Titan)

On the second day of election results, Fullerton’s City Council race results scarcely moved in a small update released by the Orange County Registrar of Voters.

In the city’s 1st District, city commissioner Fred Jung maintained his lead over Andrew Cho, hanging on to 51.6% with over 73.5% of the county’s total votes counted. Cho has lagged behind Jung through all the results, but made up some ground last night.

Nick Dunlap will be the city councilman for the city’s 2nd District, with a double-digit lead in returns over his nearest opponent. A self-professed libertarian and lifelong Fullerton resident, Dunlap has called for bringing more business to the city to help boost the city’s small tax revenue.

In the 4th District, Councilman Bruce Whitaker hung onto the lead he developed late last night after initially lagging behind challenger Aaruni Thakur in the first several rounds of results, with a 3.5% gap between the two.

Whoever wins will join incumbent Councilmen Ahmad Zahra and Jesus Silva on the dais, establishing a brand new council majority as Mayor Jennifer Fitzgerald and Councilwoman Jan Flory decided to step out of public office.

This race also completes the city’s move to district voting.