Knott’s Berry Farm theme park is partially reopening for their “Taste of Calico” dining and retail event, while the rest of the theme park and its rides remain closed. 

Despite surges in COVID-19 cases, Knott’s Ghost Town will be open July 17-19 and July 24-26 with limited hours and limited daily admissions to those who purchase a “Taste of Calico” tasting card in advance at their website

All associates and guests will have their temperature taken before entering the park and face coverings are required at all times.

As guests explore Knott’s dining, merchandise and crafters, they are also encouraged to use contactless payment. Guests are only permitted to remove their masks when eating or in the RelaxedZone, while maintaining social distance. 

Social distancing will also be enforced at the park through marked waiting lines to ensure guests wait 6 feet apart. Dining room seating will be spaced out as well.

Leading up to the event, Knotts employees have also been trained on social distancing rules and handwashing, and will frequently sanitize high contact surfaces throughout the event. 

Knott’s “Taste of Calico” event comes after Gov. Gavin Newsom announced on July 1 that indoor restaurants and bars must reclose for the following three weeks to slow Orange County cases.

As of Thursday night, there have been 10, 683 new reported cases in the last 14 days, with 110 new deaths in Orange County, according to the California state government website. This brings the county’s total case count to 27, 718 and total deaths to 455.

As of May 8, Vice President and General Manager of Knott’s Berry Farm Jon Storbeck said the park’s reopening date remains uncertain and no other updates on the matter have been made since then.