OCFA PIO Greg Barta

Orange County Fire Authority Public Information Officer, Captain Greg Barta, during a live press conference on facebook on Oct. 26. (Screenshot / Daily Titan).

Nearly 1,100 firefighters increased containment of the Blue Ridge and Silverado fires in Orange County during the week of Nov.1

The Orange County Fire Authority reported on Monday that containment work continues on the two fires that caused damage to multiple structures and mandatory evacuations. The fires began within hours of each other on Oct. 26.

The Silverado Fire began at 7:54 a.m. off the Foothill Transportation Corridor in the Irvine area, followed by the Blue Ridge Fire which started at 2:32 p.m. north of the 91 Freeway in the Yorba Linda and Chino Hills area.

As of Friday, California Department of Forestry and Fire protection reported on their Twitter that the Silverado Fire burned 12,466 acres and is 99% contained, while the Blue Ridge Fire burned 13,964 acres and is also 99% contained.

According to the department, the Blue Ridge Fire caused damage to 10 structures and destroyed one. Nine structures were damaged by the Silverado Fire and five structures were destroyed.

About 335 fire personnel were assigned to the Blue Ridge Fire and 784 were assigned to the Silverado Fire. The Silverado Fire critically injured at least two firefighters while on the line of duty.

All evacuation orders have been lifted and roads have been reopened in the Irvine, Yorba Linda and Chino Hills area.

Though the cause of the fires is still under investigation, Cal Fire will seemingly reach full containment sooner than their expected date of Nov. 10.