(Austin Brumblay / Daily 49er)

Cal State Fullerton volleyball extended its losing streak to 14 games after being swept by Long Beach State on Tuesday night at the Walter Pyramid.

Outside hitter Maddie Schneider came out after four points in the first set due to a left knee injury. The senior was down for a minute before being helped off of the court on one leg.

The Titans committed 11 hitting errors and lost the first set by a season-high 19 points, Schneider returned to the bench during the third set.

“They just know it’s something with her knee. We don’t really diagnose until we can get back to Fullerton and let the doctor look at it,” said Titans head coach Ashley Preston.

Despite the loss, Preston said Fullerton played better in the second and third sets.

“We improved on serving with pressure. Even though we didn’t get any service aces, we still got them out of system more. Our passing was better, so our sideout percentage was higher,” Preston said.

While the ensuing sets were more competitive contests, the result did not change. The Titans finished with 20 hitting errors and five ball-handling errors.Preston switched offenses from two setters, to just Courtney Mueller after all three setters had committed a double-contact violation.

“It was really just for consistency purposes. Our other two setters weren’t really being confident with their setting skills, so we needed to have the most confident one executing,” Preston said.

The improved passing in the later sets opened up the court for middle blocker Haley Carmo, who recorded 6 kills in the match. She now has 24 kills over the last four games, which is second on the team over that span.

Only outside hitter Felicia Marshall has more (28).

“Haley is a workhorse and she does not care if the people in front of her are 6 feet 4 inches tall. She is confident and knows that she can score when we need her to,” Preston said.

Preston went deep into her bench Tuesday, playing 14 Titans. Freshmen Elizabeth Schryer, Maya Riddlesprigger and Tatiana Toleafoa all saw the court against the 49ers.

Riddlesprigger started in the middle over Summer Kerins, which Preston said was for blocking purposes. Kerins has now appeared in all but three games.

The Titans will host Hawaii on Saturday at 7 p.m. Hawaii is second in the Big West conference, with its only loss coming at the hands of Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.

Preston joked that she doesn’t know what the Titans will practice heading into the match presumably without Schneider.

“Do you have any ideas for me right now?” Preston said.