men's basketball brief

Latrell Wrightsell (right) and Vince Lee defend a shot from George Washington University's James Bishop on Nov. 16 in Titan Gym. (Eliza Green / Daily Titan)

Cal State Fullerton men’s basketball is scheduled to face off against the University of Pacific Tigers on Saturday at 5 p.m. in Titan Gym.

The home court advantage didn’t hold up during the Titans’ last home game against Wyoming, but they have a chance to protect their home court prior to heading off for a game on the road to play the San Diego State Aztecs and then returning home for two more home games the following week.

The Titans currently hold a 3-4 overall record while their home record is 1-1. On the other end, the Tigers have a 4-3 overall record with their one away game being a loss against the University of Hawai’i.

These teams are very similar in many areas of team statistics. The Titans have now been shooting 45% from field goal range and 27% outside the arc. The Tigers, on the other hand, have been shooting exactly the same from the field but they do have a slight advantage from distance with a 37% three-point shooting percentage.

Even when looking at the Titans home games only, they are still only shooting close to 30% from outside the arc.

Offensively, the Titans have been scoring an average of 70 points per game while the Tigers have allowed 63 points per game from their opponents. The Titans have also been snagging five steals per game on average while the Tigers have struggled taking care of the ball, allowing 6.4 steals per game.

Defensively, the Tigers have been grabbing rebounds at an average of 36.3 per game while the Titans average 33.4. The Tigers have also allowed an average of 14 points off of their turnovers in the game.

It is also worth noting that the Titans will be coming off of four days rest with their last game being at home against Wyoming while the Tigers will be coming off of two days rest with their last game on the road against UC Davis.

The Titans will likely lean on leading scorer, forward E.J Anosike, who nearly averages a double-double, with 18 points and eight rebounds per game on 58% shooting to lead the way against the Tigers.

After Pacific, Fullerton will face San Diego State University on the road on Dec. 8 at 7 p.m.