fullsizeoutput_6

CSUF women’s basketball player Raina Perez dribbling the ball against Cal Poly San Luis Obispo on Jan. 30 (Adam Maldonado / Daily Titan).

The Big West Conference announced its regular season awards for the 2019-2020 regular season, highlighted by Cal State Fullerton women’s basketball guard Raina Perez Big West Player of the Year, the first Titan to do so since 1991.

Perez led the conference in scoring with 20.3 points per game, and was fourth in field goal percentage (47.8%) and fifth in 3-point percentage (37.7%). She scored at least 20 points in 14 of CSUF’s 29 games, including four 30-point games.

Perez also nabbed an all-conference first team spot, while teammate Taylor Turney was named to the second team. Forward Carolyn Gill won the Big West Hustle award while also being named to the all-defensive team.

On the men’s side, senior Brandon Kamga highlighted the awards by winning the Big West Newcomer of the Year. Kamga averaged 15.5 points this season after transferring from High Point, which was fourth in the conference. Kamga was also named the all-conference second team with fellow senior teammate Jackson Rowe.