Men's soccer vs Denver photo

Titan forward Samuel Owusu scored his second goal against Denver after scoring his first against LMU last Saturday at Titan Stadium. (CSUF Athletics)

Cal State Fullerton men’s soccer dropped the second leg of the two-game road trip to Colorado against the Denver Pioneers on Sunday, 2-1.

The Titans came into University of Denver Soccer Stadium in search of their first win of the season, but dropped their record, 0-4-1.

Following a 3-3 draw against the Air Force Falcons on Sept. 10, which saw Fullerton score three unanswered goals in the second half, the Titans were unable to match their offensive output less than 48 hours later in the Mile High City.

The Titans had two free-kicks in the opening minutes of the match which followed a foul and an onside by the Pioneers, but were unable to capitalize.

Denver midfielder Destan Norman committed a foul near the ninth minute and on the ensuing free-kick CSUF midfielder Alex Thompson-Hill was unable to convert as he missed high and to the left.

In the 21st minute, CSUF missed another scoring opportunity after Denver’s goalkeeper Will Desantis saved a free-kick by Clayton Torr.

Following the missed free-kick, the Pioneers responded with four shots, two of which were saved by Titan goalkeeper Andrea Bonavia.

The two teams continued to stay at zero until the 32nd minute, when Denver defender Ronan Wynne scored the first goal for the Pioneers.

After CSUF midfielder Tyler Marquez was booked for a yellow card and the Pioneers missed a free kick from it, Wynne received an assist from teammate midfielder Lukas Fisher and was able to convert it to put Denver ahead.

In the 38th minute, the Pioneers added to their lead after defender AJ Francois cleaned up a missed opportunity off a corner kick. Francois put the ball in the upper right corner net to make the score 2-0 just before the half.

Fullerton midfielder Tyler Marquez provided another shot for the Titans in the 40th minute, but was unable to convert.

CSUF entered the locker room down 2-0 and in search of the offense that was able to notch three second-half goals just two days prior.

Ten minutes into the second half, momentum sparked for Fullerton following a goal from forward Samuel Owusu in the box to cut into the deficit. The score sat, 2-1.

After approaching an hour of play, Zach Gowlett had a clean shot for Fullerton that was saved by Desantis.

Denver responded with a shot from Fisher in the 63rd minute that was saved by Bonavia.

The two teams continued to trade shots as they combined for 12 total in the period, but Owusu was the only one that could find the back of the net.

The Pioneers were victorious after 90 minutes and improved their record this season to 3-1-1.

Bonavia finished with five saves for Fullerton while Desantis had two for Denver. The Titans had 12 shots with four on goal while the Pioneers had 16 shots and seven on goal.

Coming up, the Titans will continue looking for their first win of the season with a four-match homestand. They will first face the University of San Francisco on Sept. 17 at Titan Stadium at 7:30 p.m.