CSUF Fan Attendance

(Adam Maldonado / Daily Titan)

It’s good news for Titan fans as the State of California is allowing spectators to attend sports games in counties moving out of the purple COVID-19 tier starting April 1.

Fans of Cal State Fullerton track and field, baseball, softball, and women’s tennis will be allowed to watch their competitions, but with restrictions, according to an announcement from CSUF Athletics on Thursday.

Orange County will be a part of this reopening, as the county is currently in the red tier. All precautions will be in full effect to ensure everyone’s health and safety, including social distancing, mask requirements and a maximum capacity of 20% at sports events.

To gain access to any tickets, a request must be submitted 48 hours before the baseball and softball weekend series or the track meet begins. Donors and season ticket holders will gain priority for these requests and are eligible for a total of two tickets. The requests will be authorized by the Athletic Development Team within Fullerton Athletics. 

Once the recipient gains access to their tickets, they will receive a confirmation email 24 hours prior to the scheduled event. The tickets are non-transferrable, and a proof of confirmation will be required upon entrance. 

To ensure everyone’s safety, temperatures will be checked before admittance into the event, a COVID-19 questionnaire must be filled out and masks will be required. Failure to follow any of these health and safety guidelines will result in removal from the event. 

These regulations mainly apply to track and field, baseball and softball. Tennis fans will still be allowed to attend April matches, but they must be socially distant and wear masks. Sports that are not in their championship segment, such as women's volleyball and both men and women’s soccer, will not have fans in attendance during their spring competition schedule. 

Entrances and exits will be explicit at each venue to avoid any close contact. 

Beginning March 29 at 5:00 p.m., the ticket requests webpage will be live.