Jadie Acidera

Jadie Acidera, seen here on April 15, is 4-4 in singles matches for Cal State Fullerton this season. (CSUF Athletics)

Cal State Fullerton women's tennis team looks to continue their winning streak at the Big West championships on Thursday at the Irvine Great Park. 

The Titans are currently on a five-game win streak as they attempt to capture their first Big West championship. 

The Titans are placed as the No.2 seed in the tournament after finishing 6-2 in conference play and 12-5 for the season. UC Santa Barbara was awarded the first seed, finishing the conference with an 8-0 standing and 10-3 overall. 

Fullerton's first matchup will be against No. 7 seed UC Irvine at 11:30 a.m. Irvine finished with a 2-6 record in conference play and a 2-10 record overall. 

The last time these two teams met was on Feb. 24, where Fullerton won 4-3 and the second matchup was on April 17 where the Titans won 4-0. 

Fullerton is led by strong play in singles from freshman Juliette Daries and Natalie Duffy. Daries leads the Titans in singles victories with an 11-4 record, and in her last 10 games has gone 9-1. Duffy is second on the team with a 10-5 overall record, and in her last 10 matches, she is 6-2. 

In the doubles, Duffy and junior YuSeung Suh have been a solid tandem with a 10-3 overall record and a 9-1 in their last 10 games together.

Senior Jadie Acidera and sophomore Camila Garcia are the next best tandem on the squad with a 9-5 record and have gone 8-2 in their last 10 games. 

Duffy's play also earned her a nomination for the last week of the seasons Big West player of the week and will look to capitalize off the play that earned her those honors in this tournament. 

If Fullerton advances on Thursday, they will play the winners of either the No. 3seed in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo or No. 6 seed Cal State Northridge on Friday at 9 a.m.

Cal Poly SLO and Fullerton finished with the same conference record of 6-2, but their only matchup with one another this year was on April 9, where Fullerton won, 4-3, which in return was the deciding factor for the seeding in the conference. 

If their opponent is CSUN, which finished conference play at 4-4, it would be a rematch for both team's last match of the season where Fullerton took the contest on April 21 winning 4-1. 

The championship game will be on Saturday at 9 a.m. at the Irvine Great Park.